Anyone gonna attend to the IPS Site project?

Wolfie

[quote name='bfarber' date='31 July 2009 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1249087898' post='1836369']
A month is hardly a decade. :rolleyes:

I suppose we could all stop working on IPB, Gallery, Blog, Downloads and CCS to fix some bugs on our own website? I mean, if that's the consensus that is.

You know darn well that I was saying 'this decade' for laughs, especially since this decade is nearly over. :P

I'm not fussing about the issues not being fixed, I'm just wondering why it's taking so long to at least sort the issues into different statuses. "Unfiled" leaves a person wondering if the report has even been read. If something is at least confirmed (or 'not a bug' etc) then we as consumers know that the report has been looked at and been handled. Now whether or not it gets resolved quickly, well that's another thing entirely.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='01 August 2009 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1249103215' post='1836440']
You know darn well that I was saying 'this decade' for laughs, especially since this decade is nearly over. :P

I'm not fussing about the issues not being fixed, I'm just wondering why it's taking so long to at least sort the issues into different statuses. "Unfiled" leaves a person wondering if the report has even been read. If something is at least confirmed (or 'not a bug' etc) then we as consumers know that the report has been looked at and been handled. Now whether or not it gets resolved quickly, well that's another thing entirely.

The bug tracker statuses and severities are for our reference, and mean different things in different projects ;)

Basically, it's pointless to "confirm" a bug in that category, as you would in say, the IPB category. If a bug is confirmed in IPB, it means a developer was able to reproduce the problem locally... in the website category, there's only one site, so we don't need to reproduce locally ;)

• Management

We are aware of the tracker category and have scheduled in some time to fix them. The pressing priorities are 3.0.2 (and all apps) along with MSSQL and the subscriptions manager. None of the bugs are critical and affect the ability to view information or make purchases.

On a personal level, there's nothing more annoying than being criticized with an exaggeration. :)

[quote name='Matt' date='04 August 2009 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1249378007' post='1837929']
We are aware of the tracker category and have scheduled in some time to fix them. The pressing priorities are 3.0.2 (and all apps) along with MSSQL and the subscriptions manager. None of the bugs are critical and affect the ability to view information or make purchases.

I was just wondering about them getting attention of some sort, even to just be acknowledged. When you get around to 'fixing' anything, well that's a different story. :)

[quote name='Matt' date='04 August 2009 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1249378007' post='1837929']
On a personal level, there's nothing more annoying than being criticized with an exaggeration. :)

I wasn't doing it to show upset or anything so :P

Archived