"Recent Status Updates" is not ajax?

ikillbill

[quote name='Josh' date='16 July 2009 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1247750350' post='1827036']
I don't really think the refresh is a big deal, but we may ajax it at some point, I don't really know right now. The best I can tell you right now is that we will consider it smile.gif

Linked with Twitter, this would be awesome and integrate the community even more for those who want that facility thumbsup.png I know some don't but some do wink.gif

[quote name='ikillbill' date='16 July 2009 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1247795055' post='1827549']
just curious
IPB use manay ajax around, but why make this NOT ajax?
do you try to "avoid" from letting it conflict with shoutbox?

fresh is of course a big deal, otherwise why IPB use ajax so much XD?

It's not like they went out of their way to have it not use ajax, I just think they didn't forsee that folks would want to have it work like a Shoutbox (since that's not what it's intended to be).

[quote name='bfarber' date='17 July 2009 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1247840221' post='1827791']
Not every form submission needs to use ajax in my opinion. I'm fine with a good ol "submit to server, refresh page" form submission now and then...

You're just hardcore Brandon wink.giftongue.gif

[quote name='Andy D' date='16 July 2009 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1247782804' post='1827447']
Linked with Twitter, this would be awesome and integrate the community even more for those who want that facility thumbsup.png I know some don't but some do wink.gif

ajax status updates linked to either twitter or facebook would be awesome!

Archived