What happened to the Search system?

TCWT

P2P support is a voluntary thing where people can ask their questions or post their issues and get feedback from other members. Things that you wouldn't want to waste a support ticket on and it's likely to get a response sooner, especially from trivial things.

Do you hold an active license? If so, make sure that your email here and in the client center match up. Then sign out and sign back in and then you should have +Active Customer status.

Guys, the resource areas being restricted to customers with active licenses has been discussed to death over and over already. If you have issues with the way it is setup, submit a ticket to management. Let's try to keep this discussion on-topic: that is, discuss "what happened to the search system" which has nothing to do with who can or can't access the resource site.

I personally like the new search page. It's simpler for the end-user. The old vBulletin-style search page was way too complicated, it had a lot of elements most of which were never used by anyone. The new design, however, is much more user-friendly, while offering pretty much the same functionality.

[quote name='Biollante' date='06 July 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1246923106' post='1821381']
I personally like the new search page. It's simpler for the end-user. The old vBulletin-style search page was way too complicated, it had a lot of elements most of which were never used by anyone. The new design, however, is much more user-friendly, while offering pretty much the same functionality.

I personally have used every element of the 2.3 search page. I find myself stymied by the new search system, it does not do as much as the old system, and the results returned are less useful. I have 1.6 million posts on my forum and it's important for myself and my users to be able to find what we're looking for. I've been using the search on this forum often in the last week and it's driving me nuts. In my opinion, it's clearly a step backwards for anyone who wants to do any type of digging into a large forum.

I've never had anyone complain that the search in 2.3 is "way too complicated". The first field is "Search by Keywords". You can type in your query and hit return. Everything else is optional. What is so hard about that? Look at the member search! An "Advanced" pane could have easily been added to keep the basic search simple if that was truly an issue.

..Al

I never received any complaints about the search being too complicated. Why can't there be a simple and advanced mode like before? :( After all my suggestions to improve search, this is the outcome? :(

Archived