Unable to neg rep?

Luke

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just an additional option that they're testing, but there is no minus button on posts. Is this on purpose? Is this an option that you can turn on or off?

Yeah, I just noticed there was just a plus button, and I thought it was quite odd. That's what I was wondering. It took a little bit of searching, but I managed to find a post from bfarber that said something to the effect that you can enable/disable negative and positive reing separately (he was answering a question about changing votes).

Exactly. I think having the Neg option turned on is just an excuse to some members to target others.

Also, I tend to find that those who have a problem or voice their concern over the ability to neg rep other members are those who want to neg rep other members.

[quote name='kenichi' date='27 May 2009 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1243454675' post='1805665']
Exactly. I think having the Neg option turned on is just an excuse to some members to target others.

Or, to rate the true quality of your posts.

[quote name='aurorawx' date='28 May 2009 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1243474109' post='1805761']
Or, to rate the true quality of your posts.

Really? Then don't Rep him. That's how you have your voice.

The way I see it, Neg Repping is just another way for members to flame other members without posting.

Archived