When expired, should be able to download old versions and security fix

Guest joomlajon

The only time that happened was when Yearly licenses were discontinued and we switched over to the Standard license scheme. We had an announcement posted for over a month as I recall, and we sent out a newsletter to all of the people subscribed. We gave everyone ample opportunity to update their support so that their license would be carried over.

This is, in other words, a unique situation - not a day to day occurrence.

I do believe if you have further concerns with your account your best option is to speak with management. Unfortunately, there's little we can do from the forums here for you. Under normal conditions, a renewal is $25 and there is no "grace period". If you let your Standard license support expire, you can renew it at any time for $25 - without purchasing a new license.

Well all I know is when I got back I had this e-mail ...

"Invoice 129101 was generated for the Renewal: IP.Board: Standard License on 07/09/07. This invoice is now 2 past due. Please log into your Client Center to submit payment for this invoice. Pending invoices will remain active for ten business days. If payment has not been submitted within the allotted time, your invoice(s) and related service(s) will expire. You may still submit payment for an expired invoice from within your Client Center. Due to our extensive fraud screening, it may take up to 48 hours for your invoice to be marked as paid. If you have any questions, please submit a ticket from your Client Center."

I had no access to my client center, and when I asked if I could pay the $25 I was told it was too late.

I have since bought the same license, with active support, from a member of Invisionize for US$80.

Well all I know is when I got back I had this e-mail ...

"Invoice 129101 was generated for the Renewal: IP.Board: Standard License on 07/09/07. This invoice is now 2 past due. Please log into your Client Center to submit payment for this invoice. Pending invoices will remain active for ten business days. If payment has not been submitted within the allotted time, your invoice(s) and related service(s) will expire. [b][color="#FF0000"]You may still submit payment for an expired invoice from within your Client Center.[/color][/b] Due to our extensive fraud screening, it may take up to 48 hours for your invoice to be marked as paid. If you have any questions, please submit a ticket from your Client Center."

I had no access to my client center, and when I asked if I could pay the $25 I was told it was too late.

I have since bought the same license, with active support, from a member of Invisionize for US$80.

Like Brandon said though, this isn't so much feedback because you don't have to buy a new license if your support expires, you can renew when you like.

If you want to discuss this further, please open a ticket or give us a call and we'll be happy to discuss the matter with you.

and when I asked if I could pay the $25 I was told it was too late.

If this is true I would submit a ticket to find out why. When an invoice is expired, to my knowledge, and a customer decides to pay it later, our Sales department simply generates a new invoice. Perhaps there was some confusion when this occurred - but at no point do we require you to buy a new license. The only time that happened, as explained above, was when Yearly licenses were no longer offered, and the customer did not convert to a Standard license during the window we provided to do so.

To be clear: You can let your support expire as long as you want, and renew your support package for $25 at any time.

The only time that happened was when Yearly licenses were discontinued and we switched over to the Standard license scheme. We had an announcement posted for over a month as I recall, and we sent out a newsletter to all of the people subscribed. We gave everyone ample opportunity to update their support so that their license would be carried over.

I think none of this licensing policy! They shall advance that all have a permanent Internet connection. Some people may perhaps some time in the Internet. They do this very easily! You should have a licensing policy, which has not requires that all people permanently in Intrenet achievable, if they do not want to have drawbacks. That is not right and fair!

Firstly, that was years ago.

Secondly, if you had a copy of IPB downloaded you'd still be able to legally use it (just not obtain updates).

And lastly, we can't hold our business at a stand still forever because somebody may not have had an internet connection a few years ago for a month. I know management worked with several customers as best they could at the time, and we're past that now. I don't think there's any benefit to gain from discussing license changes that happened so long ago.

Anyways, to the OP, if you need to, don't hesitate to submit a ticket. I'm sure someone will be happy to discuss your concerns with you. Otherwise, I think the questions in this topic have been addressed.

Archived