Server overload caused by IPB SEO

Guest Lindsey_

Dear Lindsey,

During the last 24 hours SiteGround has detected that an application hosted on your account ******.net has overloaded the server several times. This makes your account potentially dangerous for the other users hosted on our standard shared server.

To protect the server performance and the customers' websites hosted on this server we had to disable the web access to the application creating the overload. This means that this application will not be accessible until the problem is resolved.

The server log shows that the application called 'index.php' file and consumed more than 75% of the server's memory:

PID USER PR NI %CPU TIME+ %MEM VIRT RES SHR S COMMAND
12725 s****tro 18 0 1 0:07.21 50.4 2386m 2.0g 4620 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php
12786 s****o 18 0 1 0:03.81 25.0 1282m 1.0g 4628 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php

In order to have your application re-activated you need to optimize it so that it no longer creates the server load. Please reply to the ticket posted on this issue. We will then enable the access to your application from your IP only so that you can optimize it. If this problem with your application is not resolved in 7 days we may need to SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT.

Best regards,

Stoyan
SiteGround System Administrator
SiteGround.com

How can i fix it

answer = ditch the overselling host... :teehee:

the fact is. they could only fit a few of those 5.95 accounts on a server that had a dedicated 100mbit/s up/down line.. and that line will cost in the 1-2 thousand dollar range each month.. = major overselling

good hosts. (my host at least.) don't restrict ram/cpu usage.. (at all) only limits you have are your bandwidth/storage.. doesn't even restrict emails per hour :) but of course. he doesn't offer unrealistic plans either....

www.montecarlohosting.net

Christian is a great guy!

should have posted this before the 31st.. he had a lower end dedicated special for 25$ a month + 500$ setup fee (setup fee payable over 12 payments zero interest) but the special expired on the 31st.. so it was like 66.66 a month for 12 months then 25$ a month for life ;)

what is your storage/bandwidth usages now?

once you need his shared platinum plan. skip it and go for reseller 1 plan. you get more for your money ;)

around mid next month. i will be his customer for 2 long and very happy years :wub: not a single problem!

No can even go into my site

Siteground.com have put no access on it ONLY IPS can go and check it out and fix it

Its a fan site

ouch. forgot about that :(

do you have downloads or a gallery or alot of attachments? (trying to get an idea of what kind of "fan site" really..)

how much bandwidth did you use last month total?

Well the server of siteground is telling me 2 gig

But the max was 4 gig one month

Well i made a mistake with diskspace 5 gig sorry

Um a few pics and loads of fan videos

that aint bad at all!

i thought it was 15GB space. and 4GB (so far) this month.. :lol:

you sure you do not have a large log file built up on your account?

most of the stuff in um.. /logs (i think) would be things like awstats and such.. i know on my small site those logs have taken up to 20MB each per month sometimes! if you dont clean them out... they add up ;)

id offer you a custom deal on my server. but im not really a "host" just a guy with a server and a clan website.. (even though my host manages the server for me totally..) and i doubt you would like switching server control panels.

in your control panel you should see a disk usage system. check that to see how much your logs file is consuming. you could be maybe only using 1-2GB space..

edit: if you would like. you may contact me on MSN at ubergold@verizon.net (it would be more "real time" )'

The server log shows that the application called 'index.php' file and consumed more than 75% of the server's memory:

PID USER PR NI %CPU TIME+ %MEM VIRT RES SHR S COMMAND

12725 s****tro 18 0 1 0:07.21 50.4 2386m 2.0g 4620 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php

12786 s****o 18 0 1 0:03.81 25.0 1282m 1.0g 4628 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php

thats a little "jumbled to read"

PID USER PR NI %CPU TIME+ | %MEM |VIRT RES SHR S COMMAND
12725 s****tro 18 0 1 0:07.21 | 50.4| 2386m 2.0g 4620 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php
12786 s****o 18 0 1 0:03.81 | 25.0 |1282m 1.0g 4628 D /usr/bin/php51 index.php

so the question is.. what exactly is their total ram for your server? and also what all mods do you have installed? are you using a shoutbox or flash chat?

what exactly have they done to disable index.php?

id love to take a look at your board and maybe i might have an idea.. cant figure out why a site that only uses 4GB a month would use that kind of ram :blink:

im guessing what its trying to do is convert the post urls to the SEO format? and instead of trying to do it slowly its trying to do it all at once.

i would assume once its done "indexing" everything. it would calm back down. but depending the size of your database. may take some time..

Archived