Hardware Requirements

Guest yacenty

Hello, currently I have small server it was OK but from few weeks I get more and more new users.
it's:
A64 3700+
2gb ram
SATA 2x160in raid 1

I have a few discusions about exchanging HW.
there are mainly two options:
1. buy new one - DELL 860: xeon 3070 (2x2.6gb), SAS 2x disks, 2gb ram ecc (at the begining) and move there completly, cost 200E monthly
2. buy second machnie only for db - a64 3700+ or x2 4200, 1-2gb of memory SATA disks. cost 140E monthly (all 2 servers together)

currently I have 280users in peak and 190-200 in gallery

which option should be better? or should I use something different?

what's Your feeling?

Thanks in advance,
BR
YacentY

With around 280 users online, you could get away with just adding memory to your existing server. Maybe add like 4 GB (on top of the 2 you have) and reconfigure mysql and apache.

If you really want a second box, I'd probably use it as a database server. Give it at least 2 GB memory though, if not more.

Ok, I have tried to reconfigure my mysql.cnf file according to this forum and advices, and now few people on different forum is guessing how it can works, so I'm tottaly stupid what and how shuld I do :(
Brandon could You help me somehow?

thanks in advance,
BR
YacentY

Your load should probably be much lower than that. We have 382 people online (this is a VPS, so it's not the only site on the box, but is the only site on this account) and a load of 0.05.

I'd submit a ticket so I can take a look directly.

OK,
I've done a ticket
thanks in advance

BR
YacentY

Archived