New type of spam...

Guest Hercules

Report this Post to a Moderator -- spam.

You don't even have to be a member, just validating on the forum, and you can "Report a Post" -- in which you'll have all kinds of trash and junk.

Let me know if you developers have a solution or if I am missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks!

There is no solution, but there are one of two things you can do:

A) There is the "Report Center", which makes moderating more team oriented and efficient. It has group based options, among other things. You can find it linked in my signature.

B) You can use html logic around the report_link and report_form template bits html to prevent a validating user from using it:

<if="$this->ipsclass->members['mgroup'] != $this->ipsclass->vars['auth_group']">
...html...
</if>

"Option #3" is much like Option #2... But I bet Option #3 has file edits whereas Option #2 does not ;). Neither does Option #1 :P

But option #1 and #2 don't stop access to the form nor stop the spam from being sent. In option #1, you will still get the spam in your mod center and all option #2 will do is hide the link to the report form. The form can still be accessed through the url. Per group permission should be applied to this area too just like it is for the PM and email form.

Didn't mean this to get into a competition of which solution is better, you just said this user had 'one of two things' they could do, when in fact there are other options. Like ColdinCbus, the option I gave I feel should be built-in to the product.

Archived