Rebuilding posts in 2.3.0?

Guest Luke

I get

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.7Content-type: text/html<br /><b>Warning</b>:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/var/www/html/tb/rebuildposts.php</b> on line <b>206</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/var/www/html/tb/rebuildposts.php</b> on line <b>208</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/var/www/html/tb/rebuildposts.php</b> on line <b>216</b><br />

how do I fix that please

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to add in a little last minute feature so you can choose to rebuild posts from the last X days.

This will be useful if you've just added a BBCode or you've just changed a BBCode and only want current posts to be updated.

Is this feature for the shell tool or the ACP?

I get

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 206

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 208

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 216

I get

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 206

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 208

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/movie4vi/public_html/diendan/rebuildposts.php on line 216

thank heavens I'm not alone

I want to rebuild from the beginning, but when I entered 0 it assumed I wanted to start from a specific ID:

Do you want to rebuild from the last X days items or start from a specific ID? [0=Rebuild from the beginning, d=Rebuild from last X days, n=Rebuild from an ID]

Enter:

Rebuilding Posts, starting at ID 0

Rebuild how many? [Enter how many you'd like to rebuild. Hit enter to rebuild all]:

Enter:

Edit: Nevermind, I read over it... "hit enter to rebuild all" a little confusing I think, and a bit redundant? Once you enter 0 to rebuild from the beginning it should begin?

• Management

Well, not really. You might want to rebuild the first 1000 posts. Or you might want to open 4 shell windows and split the rebuild over those 4 windows.

Window 1) 0 - 250,000
Window 2) 250,000 - 500,000
Window 3) 500,000 - 750,000
Window 4) 750,000 - 1,000,000.

et. cetera...

Yes it should be ok. No different than running in AdminCP besides that it's faster and more reliable because it doesn't have to go through the web server.

Thank you very much for this Matt :wub:. You are awesome! :D

Let us know how it turns out guys. I'll be able to use this later in the week when I get everything else taken care of :blink:

Anyways... Gotta run off to work :)

• Management

Yeah. I did.

It will be a bit slower but it'll be OK. The queries are easy queries based on MySQL indexes so they shouldn't cause you any locking issues.

The tool runs in batches of 500 transparently so it'll keep updating the max ID as new posts come in.

on a windows box, running that command gives me an: "Could not determine your IP address" error. Anything that us windows users can do?

That's not related to Windows specifically (I use Windows) - essentially you don't have an IP address being set.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domains.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Archived