IPS News Letter Format

Guest Κeith

I just received the new format, and I must say two things. It's a nice change from plain text, but the design is a bit lackluster.

I like how the news content is laid out, with the title and display of it, but the side menu should be switched to the top or the bottom (or both! :o ), otherwise a user may have to scroll to the right to just read the sentences in the news. An eye-full of menu, an outdated logo, and scrolling to read make it slightly difficult to show interest. :)

Maybe switch the layout to look more like the forum? Logo in the top left, menu below and content underneath? If you dont' want to process changes like that, maybe you'll be happy with just removing the image from the e-mail, as the text Invision Power logo looks great. Nice and clean. The border touching the image logo, and lack of padding beneath it make it look really squished, and thrown together without effort.

Can you put the newsletters into three categories so that people can subscribe to what they are interested in?

1) General Company Newsletter
2) Product Updates/Releases
3) Security Updates

I'd be interested in the second and third, but i'm not interested in the general newsletter like the one sent today.

• Management

Can you put the newsletters into three categories so that people can subscribe to what they are interested in?

1) General Company Newsletter

2) Product Updates/Releases

3) Security Updates

I'd be interested in the second and third, but i'm not interested in the general newsletter like the one sent today.

We generally bundle it all together... today's newsletter had all three of those in it.

We generally bundle it all together... today's newsletter had all three of those in it.

Thanks for the clarification.

It seemed like in the past, you would send very specific emails about the bigger product launches or serious security patches. I would be more interested in those than the general newsletter updates.

I can see the point about subscribing to the Company News and Updates forum, but i already skim this forum from time to time. If i subscribed to that forum, it would give me way more emails than i'm interested in. Sending out newsletter items for the more important Company News and Updates topics would seem more useful for me personally.

Thanks bfarber,

I understood your suggestion. It wasn't about quantity of topics in the Company News and Updates forum, it was more about quality of what i'd be subscribing too. There are probably only 4 emails from the last 12 months of topics that i think are even worth subscribing too in that forum.

IP.Board 2.2.0 and Components Released
There's a string of security updates from last summer. Maybe 1 email for that about security.
IPS Beyond Opened
IPB 2.x.x Critical Security Update

Anyways, it's just a suggestion. Thanks for listening.

Archived