IPD, how much do you think it will be?

Guest dougbrowne

How much do you think IP, Dynamic will be?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, all presumptions and mis-information. ;)

We have tons of corporate customers - the bulk of whom have no desire or need to come to our company forums here to chat. That doesn't mean they aren't there.

Besides, Nexus + Dynamic are geared towards businesses. Not 'gaming communities'. :)

Yes, i know that but what i was saying is that the people that i think use the most of IP board right now (from my experience tho i may be wrong) are gaming communities and i was saying IPS will have to change there target customer kind of because IPD and nexus are aimed at businesses. Im not saying there aren't any corporate companies that use IPB i'm just saying out of all the IP boards i've seen the majority of them are communities.

We don't necessarily target IP.Board users for Nexus and Dynamic - we realize many of them are not going to need Business management tools, simply because they don't run businesses.

That is partly true, myself would proudly buy the Nexus and Dynamic just to look at the code and maybe do some custom work....not necessarily open a business,

That is partly true, myself would proudly buy the Nexus and Dynamic just to look at the code and maybe do some custom work....not necessarily open a business,

They will be encoded, so it will be hard to look at most of the code. Hopefully they will release some good documentation on extending it, its APIs, Hooks, Components interface etc...although I'm not counting on it.

I think it will be $150+ ;)

For those who say it will be between $30 and $50, I can only tell you this: "You are too optimistic" :P

If you think that IP.Blog is $50, and you say "IPD will be $30". Then IPD should only be 1 page of codes :lol:

I'm sure TurXaliM would know. :rolleyes:

:lol:

He's probably a secret agent who waits at the doors of IPS all day long to know when IPD will be released :lol:

Or maybe he's working at marketing department at IPS and these "When will it be released?" questions are for only advertising IPD :P

J/K :)

IMO that's just stupidity, you either have too much money or don't know how to priorotise.

He's probably a secret agent who waits at the doors of IPS all day long to know when IPD will be released :lol:

Or maybe he's working at marketing department at IPS and these "When will it be released?" questions are for only advertising IPD :P

J/K :)

Welcome to IP.Board 2.3.0 Testing

We have applied IP.Board 2.3.0 to our company forums to begin testing the system under load. This new version of IP.Board contains:

• New URL skin mapping - ability to apply a skin based on the URL a visitor is viewing
  • Bug Fixes
  • Performance Enhancements
  • Changes to better integrate with IP.Converge

If ipb 2.3.0 is better integrate with IP. Converge..., IPD will be released with IPB 2.3.5 or 2.4.0 I have started to understanding :P

If ipb 2.3.0 is better integrate with IP. Converge..., IPD will be released with 2.3.5 or 2.4.0 I have started to understanding :P

You certainly make some interesting assumptions... :blink:

IMO that's just stupidity, you either have too much money or don't know how to priorotise.

Well both of those are wrong, i have bought IPB license and i dont have a board set up, i buy those not to start a community but to be able to work on those for custom jobs, if i have someone that wants a mod done for the IP.downloads module, i will need to have those modules to be able to earn the money i work for, so i pay once for those and i can make several custom works for each one, meaning that i am only earning money, not losing it, i will purchase IP.downloads, gallery, and blog soon enough, and off course i will buy the Nexus and dynamic to offer custom works for business that would like to have few features beyond what they already have with the software.

Again, speculation.

While we have discussed encoding Nexus and Dynamic, let's wait until management decides on everything (whether it will be encoded, how much it will cost, etc. and so on) before going much further down that path. :)

I'm just going off something which seems to have been from a forum long ago removed (it was a pretty old topic). I remember it being mentioned that future products would be encoded, then there was alot of complaints, then it was mentioned by future products that they did not mean future versions of IPB but new products entirely.

What would be the points of releasing a paid product incoded, if that is the case then what are we paying for?

Because you could still use an encoded product. Many many web based products are encoded - even some IPB modifications are encoded! Mostly due to piracy, some to prevent people ripping code.

Exactly - you purchase the product we release to use it as we intend - i.e. to run a CMS on your website, or to accept payments through your website.

There are numerous benefits to encoding a product, and it has been something discussed for ages. However, don't get all worked up about it just yet, as management has not said anything about Nexus or Dynamic. Again, speculation - wait for some announcements.

There's the small problem of zend optimizer being insecure and breaking many php configurations. Even if you use a different system, a lot of coders encode their products to hide security bugs they can't be bothered to fix or to otherwise hide the poor quality of the code. Many sysadmins won't let any encoded php on their systems for this reason.

Archived