Fast reply window

Guest fbi_coleman

We have all of our forums configured to support fast/quick reply...but can't seem to find any way to configure the board so that the fast reply pane is open by default for all users. Each user can modify their own account settings to do so, but we would like to set a default value...without writing SQL to update everyone's account...and then needing to add a default value to the DB schema for new users.

Just curious. Thanks

Okay thanks. I'm new here (obviously)...but I thought that this was the spot for suggestions. I am fairly sure that there is no way to do this now since I have walked every single admin setting...so Invision can consider my original post to be a suggestion to add that feature. ;)

Obviously he is not a licensed customer so he would not have access to IPSBeyond, unless he is and does not know how to register himself. Does anybody figure out that telling people to go to IPS Beyond is not going to make them go if they don't have access?

I went to look for you but seems I can't find it. :o

Obviously he is not a licensed customer so he would not have access to IPSBeyond, unless he is and does not know how to register himself. Does anybody figure out that telling people to go to IPS Beyond is not going to make them go if they don't have access?

I went to look for you but seems I can't find it. :o

Well maybe he needs to get a licence :)

Actually...

We have all of our forums configured...

I'm new here

Unless their using a nulled forum, being new and having forums configured, they must have a current support contract. ;)

As for the suggestion, I don't see a reason for the admin to enable it by default on all forums. I think this option should be left for the user to decide in the user control panel as it is now. From my experience, many users would prefer NOT to have it open by default simply to remove some clutter on the page. When they are ready to reply, the button is available to them to open the box. If they like it open, and want it open always, they can change that option themselves in the user control panel.

Now, for your request, there are ways to enable the option in the user control panel by default and others to ignore the setting altogether. Both of which either require no edits or very minimal edits to the forum. You can find those on IPSBeyond in the Article manager.

:)

Archived