Invision Download Manager?

Guest `Scotty`

You can see it in use at IPSBeyond

I believe NeverendingLands.com was referring to the users/prospective customers who wished to demo Invision Download Manager (as they couldn't demo it at IPS Beyond, unless they were already a current customer of IPS).

I don't think they'd buy IPB just for the IDM

I didn't say that. I said if the customer did want to purchase IDM and IPB at the same time (and haven't purchased IPB or IDM before, and have never purchased anything from IPB before), and wanted to demo IDM before they purchased it, they would have no way of doing it (they wouldn't be able to test it on IPS Beyond, as they wouldn't be a previous customer of IPS).

I don't think they'd buy IPB just for the IDM

that's not necessarily true, everybody's need is different, often the plugins that are available make the decision point for which forum software brand people go...

It was installed here for other reasons (not as a demo), but we've changed our minds on how that is/was going to work.

I'll talk with Charles today about this - perhaps adding it to the free/hosted demo we have, but there really is very little use for it on our company forums here besides a demo, and this is a professional/corporate forums after all. We will see. :)

Archived