Hosted IP.Board URL?

Guest Uzamaki

Hey, i'm looking to buy the IP.Board, i've had the old 2.0.0 trial for years, i just deleted it, (still have the sql database) because of so much spammers getting in and i cant control the registrations.

my question is,

It can be yourforumname.invisionzone.com or you can use your own domain name if you wish (this would need to be purchased from either ourselves or a domain name registrar) :)

You can purchase a license at any time you wish and transfer your board to any hosting provider if you want to.

so i would need to purchase the Standard License pack if i wanted to change from Hosted?

So i could use myforum.mysite.com and still have it hosted on IPB? Yes thats what i want! and where are the restrictions on what the Hosted forum can do that Standard cannot?

Thank you!

so i would need to purchase the Standard License pack if i wanted to change from Hosted?

So i could use myforum.mysite.com and still have it hosted on IPB? Yes thats what i want! and where are the restrictions on what the Hosted forum can do that Standard cannot?

Thank you!

Yes to your first two questions. The restrictions on the hosted forum is that it is encoded, so that means you can't install certain modifications, make file edits to the board, etc., whereas the standard version is unrescricted and unencoded, meaning you can install any modification you wish, make file edits to the board, etc.

you should be able to install skins as that data is stored in standalone unencoded files and the database as i believe only source files are encoded. Also you should be able to install components as long as they require no file edits.

no modification.. that also means no themes... :blink: how would i upgrade from my original board to the new hosting one?

but thats great thanks beggers can't be choosers i suppose.

Modification of files isn't avaliable since hosted accounts have encoded files. However, skins (themes) don't require source file modification.

Some mods can still be installed, since they don't require source file edits.

Archived