IPB Licensing Questions

Guest star2323

I'm completely new to IPB so please bare with me. I have a couple of questions about licensing.

1. Did the price of a license used to be $70 for a year? Now the standard license is $149.99 for 6 months? How long ago did this change?

2. Do you need a license for every website which uses IP.Board? If yes then can you transfer a license from one site to another site?

Thanks everybody!!

Hi,

The license structure did recently change, there options now are Standard and Business, wheras they used to be Yearly and Perpetual.
The old yearly license was $69.95 for every year. The new Standard license is $149.99 for the first 6 months, then $25 for every 6 months after that, so although it is more costly to purchase a new license now, it is cheaper in the long run.
Alternativly, you can get hosting with IPS (Invision Power Services) which will give you a free license (with some limitations) for the duration of your hosting.

For every installation of IP Board, you will need a seperate license and once you purchase youe license, you must tell IPS the address to your board. You can choose to uninstall IP Board on one site and reinstall it on another if you so wish.

Hi,

The license structure did recently change, there options now are Standard and Business, wheras they used to be Yearly and Perpetual.

The old yearly license was $69.95 for every year. The new Standard license is $149.99 for the first 6 months, then $25 for every 6 months after that, so although it is more costly to purchase a new license now, it is cheaper in the long run.

Alternativly, you can get hosting with IPS (Invision Power Services) which will give you a free license (with some limitations) for the duration of your hosting.

For every installation of IP Board, you will need a seperate license and once you purchase youe license, you must tell IPS the address to your board. You can choose to uninstall IP Board on one site and reinstall it on another if you so wish.

Thank you. Is the price change only 1 or 2 months old?

Hi,

Can you explain how it is cheaper in the long run I paid $185.00 for a perpetual licence and $30 for renewels per year not every six months.

To me it looks like per year I'm paying $50 per year instead of what I would have paid $30 under the old perpetual licence scheme which I thankfully still have

It's only cheaper in the long run for those that purchased a yearly licence but those that purchased the perpetual licence are better off under the old scheme, what say you ?

Can you explain how it is cheaper in the long run I paid $185.00 for a perpetual licence and $30 for renewels per year not every six months.

To me it looks like per year I'm paying $50 per year instead of what I would have paid $30 under the old perpetual licence scheme which I thankfully still have

It's only cheaper in the long run for those that purchased a yearly licence but those that purchased the perpetual licence are better off under the old scheme, what say you ?

Perpetual licenses are not effected by the changed license structure. You still have free upgrades for life, and only need to pay $30 per year for technical support and access to IPS Beyond. If you have any questions, please contact sales@invisionpower.com.

If you don't have a hosting, i would recommend you IPS Forum Hosting. It gives you an IPB license which you can only use on IPS servers and on your IPS hosting account.

I bought it yesterday and my account opened just in a few hours. It took less than eight hours and it is really fast for now. Just after a new release.

Archived