Confused

Guest ~Dopey~

Why is it that the chief designer (who'd I'd expect {with having that title} being the main founder of IPB), Matt being English doesn't affect the development of IPB?

For example, the website for IP is in American spelling and the price list is in American US Dollars ($). Is it because most of IPB's buyers are from there?

:o How has IPB got money for that?
And who is the Founder of IPB? Is it Matt? ...if so then why is the base not in the U.K? (God, all these questions I have :lol: )

Also I've noticed 2.2.0 works best in FireFox than IE, as a few features mess up or not work in it.

Well, I'd assume it works just like an normal office.

Most of the staff are within the US.
To keep in contact with the UK, via "conferences"
I'd assume accounting happens over there.
Telephone support.
Server locations.
A place for Charles to sleep.
Development of products.

:) Its all just a guess, maybe someone who has actually been to the IPS offices (or a staff member) can give you more of an insight?

Um... To work in... :blink:

Um no-$%it Sherlock, maybe you should get a job there? They could do with someone as wise as yourself ;)
Anyways, thank you Working4computers, I would have thought that would have been done from home... I didn't think IPB were that big to be having an office :o

Hehehe, you seem to think IPS is run out of a Garage somewhere... it's a relatively big company and from what I can see it has continued to grow. I guess you didn't see all the pictures posted in the community forum.

Nah, no garage ...just something similar to IF :whistle:
Hmm, looks as though looks can very be deceptive.

Think about it, IPS have clients like NASA, AMD, Yahoo, etc.

Look at your invoice number, times that by their average sale price, it's in the multi-millions.

Also, they do phone support.

IPS is a fairly large company, of course they have an office.

The reason it is not in the UK, I would assume, is because although Matt created the first version of IPB, Charles is the president of IPS, who lives in America. Also, I think most of their clients are American.

Here are some more piccys of the office:

The exterior

The conference room

Charles' Office

Lindy's Office

Lindy's Office again

• Management

Um no-$%it Sherlock, maybe you should get a job there? They could do with someone as wise as yourself ;)

Anyways, thank you Working4computers, I would have thought that would have been done from home... I didn't think IPB were that big to be having an office :o

Well Dan C has been to our offices so, ~Dopey~, I would personally think he knows what he is talking about :)

What they haven't said is possibly they decided to go with the USA for their "home" was better buisness taxes? Just a thought, I'm not sure about these things.

Does it matter?

Not all American businesses are "bad", lets face it as bad as American is viewed by the world, its still has a really good economy compared to 90% of the world. My guess it had to do with restrictions placed within the British Government that does exist in other parts of the world.

There are a lot of good things that a business is able to do if they are based in America, plus the fact one of the owners/CEO lives here it doesn't shock me. Plus I presume they wanted to offer hosting since the start, and its far cheaper in America since it has far less extreme places ( mountains, etc ) the Europe or being surrounded by water ( Britain ).

Perhaps I took your post the wrong way, but I am not even sure why you care to "why" they picked this great land to be their home office.

Think about it, IPS have clients like NASA, AMD, Yahoo, etc.

IPS is a fairly large company, of course they have an office.

The reason it is not in the UK, I would assume, is because although Matt created the first version of IPB, Charles is the president of IPS, who lives in America. Also, I think most of their clients are American.

I wasn't aware that IPS were so big :o sorry >_< . And if Matt created the first version of IPB surely that makes him the founder thus being the Chairman/President, how does Charles come into it? Has he invested money into it? :unsure:

Well Dan C has been to our offices so, ~Dopey~, I would personally think he knows what he is talking about :)

I'm not disputing what he knows, I'm giving him a sarcastic response to his immature reply.

Archived