Guest TestingSomething

I hope there will be a file change log as usual whenever 2.1.1 is out. I am assuming there will, but just making a topic to beg, just in case. :) Because i have left most mods out of RC versions, but probably will put quite a few back in now (although less than I had in 2.1.7 because I went overboard on some that werent used much).

Thanks, so much for me adding a lot of modifications yet.

bfarber had said in another post he figured it would be quite a whilebefore a 2.2.1 and that blog you linked to said it was always known a new release would need a .1 soon after it. sigh. Oh well. I am not in too much of a hurry for many modifications. Although the points system is a long pain and i did put that back in. Maybe they will do as I hope and have the files that changed and hopefully such ones as class_post won't change. :)

We will surely have a changed file log and even a diff report for 2.2.0 to 2.2.1

Updated your topic title...

ok,cool. thanks. :)

That would be great. A diff report will let us mod up our skins and board yet be able to apply the upgrade manually. Thanks :) .

Trus, unless there are so many changes that it would just be easier to mod back. Hmm. I guess though it would be possible that a lot of the changed files would be ones which havent been modded on your/my boards and we could then put those files in and only have to do manyal changes in a few files (hopefully).

Thanks, so much for me adding a lot of modifications yet.

bfarber had said in another post he figured it would be quite a whilebefore a 2.2.1 and that blog you linked to said it was always known a new release would need a .1 soon after it. sigh. Oh well. I am not in too much of a hurry for many modifications. Although the points system is a long pain and i did put that back in. Maybe they will do as I hope and have the files that changed and hopefully such ones as class_post won't change. :)

Just to clarify, I said I hoped it would be a while before 2.2.1 - remember I'm still "new" here in terms of major releases, I didn't foresee a necessary 2.2.1 right away.

In all honesty, the issues we've fixed are somewhat isolated issues many people can live without. Parachat module has a bug (if you are using v7) - if you aren't using Parachat, it probably doesn't affect you. Non UTF-8 / ISO-8859-1 character sets have a problem with the topic title truncating on the forum index - again if your forum is in English, this wouldn't affect you. Still, we have enough bugs that affect enough customers, it would be wise to "squash" them as early as possible so those that haven't upgraded will already have the fixes (which we have available) from the get go.

So far, noting the changes made, it wouldn't be hard to give manual patch instructions.

Just to clarify, I said I

hoped

it would be a while before 2.2.1 - remember I'm still "new" here in terms of major releases, I didn't foresee a necessary 2.2.1 right away.

In all honesty, the issues we've fixed are somewhat isolated issues many people can live without. Parachat module has a bug (if you are using v7) - if you aren't using Parachat, it probably doesn't affect you. Non UTF-8 / ISO-8859-1 character sets have a problem with the topic title truncating on the forum index - again if your forum is in English, this wouldn't affect you. Still, we have enough bugs that affect enough customers, it would be wise to "squash" them as early as possible so those that haven't upgraded will already have the fixes (which we have available) from the get go.

So far, noting the changes made, it wouldn't be hard to give manual patch instructions.

I posted a short term fix to the parachat issue although I had to hard code one variable since it was referring to a component element that is non existant (easier to hard code than to modify the component system). The fix is purely a skin change and I have tested that it works.

Fix: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...g_title_id=3984

Archived