2.2 Features List

Guest TestingSomething

I would like to see an accurate list of new features for the forum, blog, and gallery. When I upgrade, I'd like to have this list to post on my forum so my users can see what's changed (taking out any admin-related features, of course). Do such lists exist?

Thanks,

..Al

Well most of them from the link in the latest news topic are still in it, I believe. There have been other changes too though. Hmm, I really mainly remember the reason for edit one though, which is more an admin feature. Fast reply editor redone, but that is obvious. There have ebena few additions I just can't remember and I am unsure if anything was added after RC3, but I am guessing not.

Why couldn't you just put them into one with the actual 2.0 announcement? IPS' announcements severely lack in comparison to Jelsoft's for example, that's about the only thing I feel they have over IPS. I'm sure there were other changes that weren't documented.

Oh no! Jelsoft have better announcements than IPS! IP.Board is doomed.

I mean, sure it would be nice if IPS'd update the announcement and keep it all in one topic but who really cares? Bfarber already gave a bunch of links. ;)

I mean, sure it would be nice if IPS'd update the announcement and keep it all in one topic but who really cares? Bfarber already gave a bunch of links. ;)

But not many will notice this topic. :whistle:

Perhaps instead of trying to be a smart alec with your hyperbolic reply, you should remember that I also added:

that's about the only thing I feel they have over IPS.

A first time visitor to these forums, looking to purchase IPB for example, will visit the latest announcement pertaining to the latest release to see what features IPB has etc, all I'm saying is IPS' announcements seem very thrown together, as if not a lot of thought has gone into them.

I agree that a comprehensive list of changes since the last version should be included with any new release. It's pretty standard for companies to post or include a "change list" when they put out a new version of software. Most people are not going to dig through several disparate threads to try to piece this information together themselves, nor should they have to. Nor will everyone even know where to look for this information. I think this is one area where Invision can use some improvement.

..Al

I agree - a comprehensive (and updated) list of significant features changes for the RTM version of 2.2.1 is needed... (as others, I would use it to highlight improvements in a PR to my community members where I run IPB...)

Rob

Archived