IP.Board 2.2.0 Feedback Topic

Guest Brandon C

Will old components work with 2.2 then or need reinstalled? I am concerned with the custom pages component. The upgrade instructions with 2.2 are pretty lame (there are none other than to say run the script). I was hoping for some warnings on such things.

Most will work. You may need to change template bits a little or run the html logic tool in the ACP, although that tool messed my board up until I fixed it.

Anyone able to send a PM on this site? I have ZERO messages saved, sent, etc... yet it says my personal folders is full. >_<

**Seems it was a problem only if/when I checked the "save" and "track" boxes... once I unchecked those, PM was in the wind. If I check the Add a copy... box only, it fails. Tracking by itself works fine. >_<

Updated already at http://forums.asmallorange.com/ I had the skin ready to go, so it was a super-simple process. Run the upgrader, import the skin, install the images, and you're done.

I am getting some weird behavior with the image resizing. I haven't poured over the Javascript yet, but you can see it here: http://forums.asmallorange.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry58914 I have it set for the default 50% resize, but it's doing it at 74%. Huh?

1. forum emptying and forum deleting icons are the same. it would be quite easy to be mistaken and chose the wrong option while you intended for the other.
why the same icons? ? ? some other icons are the same but those are not as serious as "deleting" or "emptying" a forum.

2. i have wonderful news about removing moderators.
well its still the same! we dont' have to get used to anything new! the same old pain in the rear continues.

3. so admincp has completely new look. that's nice but what about members end? i mean there's certainly new features and stuffs but what's obviously visible? there's lot of members who are not adventurous, they need to be forced or sth has to be made default so they literally SEE a change as opposed to "exploring".

4. wow! still no HTML support for forum and subforum titles. it shows up like <b>subforum</b>.

Archived