Things that are still needs to be fixed!

Guest MasumX

1. Clicking your in your name should not show
--Add as Friend
--Send Message

**In drop down profile: The order should be --->"Find Member's Posts--->Find Member's Topics. Not big deal but just how it should be the way it is in another places.

2. Double Send Message
--One underneath Personal Photo and another located in "Contact Information" field.

3. Contact Information
--While viewing your own profile it still shows "Send Message" at the bottom of the page in "Contact Information" field. (It should show only to other users not to your self. I noticed the top ones are gone though)

4. Personal Statement | Interests
--When viewing your own profile, if there is no personal statement added..than show a link to Personal Statement. i.e "Click Here To Add Your Personal Statement".

5. Interests
--Same request as above.

6. Fast Reply
--Thanks bfarber for listening :) but there is a bug which I reported with "quote and code" tags not working. I also wanted to request...to move the emoticons next to "Underline" icon..n same for the quick edit as well.. (That's how it is in Addreply) and also would be great to have emoticons as drop down there.

7. Member List
--In member list "Find Member's Topics" is missing.

8. Text Color Icon
--To have something like this :) so it would be easy to find :P not that it's too hard.
textcoloriconvh0.png

9. Image Tag Behavior
--If you paste a link and select, then click on "Image Tag Icon" it should add the tag right way not bring the image url pop-up. It should bring the pop-up to insert url if "No Link" have been selected or something.

----That's all for today :)

I think fast reply box looked better the other way. What I don't get is why they change things without many saying theyw ant them changed. I saw nowhere where many people were complaining about the picture resizing in sigs feature, yet they took it out because someone didn't want that also. I needed that feature really.

And when you have already added someone as a friend, it still has the add friend link, and as you said in your own menu it has the link too!

I think fast reply box looked better the other way. What I don't get is why they change things without many saying theyw ant them changed. I saw nowhere where many people were complaining about the picture resizing in sigs feature, yet they took it out because someone didn't want that also. I needed that feature really.

And when you have already added someone as a friend, it still has the add friend link, and as you said in your own menu it has the link too!

Seriously? do you know what was changed? and why?

It is now "Organized" not "flooding" here there or around. How come you do not complain about the way it is in "Replying" form? Its cornered all the way to your left and together?

I don't know why you don't see the neatness in that.

Also, I added "Luke" as friend..but saw nothing as you said. It's working fine...showing me "Remove Friend" when I click on his name?

What happened to fast reply?

Quote & Code tags was next to "Resize-Up & Down" and now it has been moved towards your left...just like as it is in "Addreply" form.

Well some of them look like bugs some are fine.

What's a bug? Using a different icon for text color? Moving the emoticons link? A link showing that the OP doesn't believe should? :)

They're all opinion based, which is fine, and will be taken into consideration. But I think RC3-4 is too late to be making any sort of changes like this.

ok well I just started to see this section of the forum as pointless as bugs needed to be posted in bug tracker and suggestions need to be in suggestions and from what I have seen none of the feedback I have posted was even considered.
All I got was a lot of people picking on me for my opinions or people misunderstanding them and I explain them and then get heck for explaining them.

This forum is for feedback, which is exactly what this topic is. This is indeed the type of feedback we are looking for too, so I thank the OP. :)

I was just stating that at this stage it is unlikely that any more non-bug related changes will make it into 2.2.0. That does not mean we won't continue to tweak the new things for 2.2.1, 3.0, etc.

#10 Downloads only as Zip files.... where is the good old tar.gz | bz2 download... :(

#11 Installer doesn't check if functions are compiled in for php that are needed, windows users normaly have only the php binary, unix/linux users compile them
Also the documentations only reads that you need php 4 (5 recomended) but its possible that functions are not compiled, turned off by the provider etc. This should be checked by the installer and warn the user if something is missing.

We use hundreds of php functions - we won't be checking each one at install time. There are VERY few proprietary functions that are a problem - namely GD functions, and those functions can be disabled from the ACP.

xml support is one, if it is not in you fail install and get some strange errors

[b]Fatal error[/b]:  Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in [b]/var/www/localhost/htdocs/forum/ips_kernel/class_xml.php[/b] on line [b]256

And its easy to check if these functions (mostly *external* functions) are build in with get-loaded-extensions and get_extension_func
Check for disabled functions with ini-get (get-cfg-var only reads direct the ini value, ini-get uses the runtime var).

Should be easy to check the simple things that are needed for ipb / idm /ipg or blog

Archived