2.2.0 RC4 Installed on Here

Guest Brandon C

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well hats off to Matt and IPB in general over the 2.2 beta, had major problems with security aspects of 2.1 which seem to have been resolved with the RC3 release, also adore the new installation wizard.

Looking forward to 2.2 when its released and re-skinning the boards :D

I have had 2.2 running since the RC2 with the gallery and blogs. Usually 150-200 people on the board and have not had any problems. This included importing over 800k posts. Installer needed some tweeks but it always seems to. With that I would wait for a gold version and not mess with RCs. I was forced to when a database corrupted itself and 2.1.7 would not work correctly. For faecess and giggles I tried 2.2RC2 as I had everything backed up anyways. RC2 installed and say several problems with the tables post install. It was able to fix those on its own.

yup both of my power boards are running RC3. I love it!!!! I just need to get some skins

Yeah, seriously, this thread has gone to the dogs now.

what is the use to close today or later this week another one will open

maybe IPS should merge all topics that have anything to do with releases and dates together open it and then anything new openes after close that

I'm beginning to think that IPS should no longer even announce upcoming upgrades until they are released. All this excitement, inpatience, constant threads about "When is it being released", etc... it's getting exhausting. Besides, many of us looooove surprises!!! :wub:

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Someone lock this....

I find it amazing no member of the IPS staff has done that. They seem to love locking everything else.

I find it amazing people want to have threads locked, it's not just this forum, it happens in other fora too... Usually the moderation team can decide this for themselves, no need for backseat moderating, if you want something locked the better option would be to send a pm, posting it in the thread just messes the thread up... although in this case there is not a lot to mess up with :P

I have just sat like an idiot reading all this childish crap over 8 pages long, if you are going to post at least post something constructive that helps others rather than constantly going on about me, me , me all the time. The software will be released when it is finished and not one hour before. Maybe this will also be a small lesson to IPS staff as well not to release they are going to make a new version, just up it when its ready. Personnally I dont know what all the halaballoo is about, its only a bloody board when all is said and done.

Ok can we all shut up....

Hello,

The delay in releasing the software is to do do additional bug tracking. With the additional bug tracking, we hope to have caught any vulnerabilities that may have been present in the software. Management has stated that IPB 2.2 will be released by Friday December 15, 2006. If you have any other questions, please ask. Have a great day!

Nakisha Anderson

Invision Power Services

Director of Customer Satisfaction

*wishes topic was closed*

Personnally I dont know what all the halaballoo is about, its only a bloody board when all is said and done.

:thumbsup: I wub you Gerry wub2.gif

For those of us with busy lives in the Real World, the impending release in the next few weeks just prior to Christmas is without doubt the worst possible timing.

Enjoy your Families this Christmas people - you never know when key members might not be with you anymore - and believe me if that happens (God Forbid) you won't be sitting regretting not upgrading your board the microsecond an upgrade is available - you might however regret the lost opportunity to be with those you love!

:)

Nice point Kim, stop harassing the people at IPS :ph34r: and spend time with your family this Christmas or go outside and enjoy yourselves. Join me in battlefield 2142 or something, read a book, do your homework. Go to school, take a college course.

@Amy T

Yeah I pretty much assume that if this gets closed, then about 10 more in different phrases will appear. <_<

Archived