.PSD logo

Guest `Scotty`

Do you have any idea how ... impossible ... that would be?

PHP's best image handling suite you can HOPE to rely on is GD (ImageMagik is occasionally installed, but you can't rely on it). GD has no way to edit psd files.

You'd have to have no memory limit set, and no max_execution_time, as it would take ages to load/parse/save the file even if someone wrote a handrolled php script that could read the byte order of a psd file and assemble it into an image.

It's not going to happen. ;) It's just not...not for a forum application. I'd love to see it if someone could actually accomplish this sort of thing though. I'm sure it is possible, just seriously daunting and not worth the effort.

it aint gonna happen- surely not in the next 5 years at least... you have to wait for Adobe to come up with some crazy program that can manipulate images online.

it is possile, but it's not that soon.

they did, and the output was jpegs and gif and pngs :P. I wouldn't even wanna see someone make it cus i've had psd files upto 4gb before. Then had to use the psb format cus psds are restricted @ 4gb.

Yes... and no.
Yes, FAT32 is limited to 4GB.
No, its not only FAT32. PSD is also limited to 4GB (news to me, not a photoshop user though, but I did some googling)

In versions of Photoshop prior to Photoshop CS, the maximum image size was 30,000 pixels by 30,000 pixels. That limit still holds for the Photoshop (PSD) file format. However, you can now work with images much larger than that. The new maximum pixel dimensions are 300,000x300,000 pixels. Files over 30,000 pixels in either dimension can be saved as TIFF (up to 4GB, the maximum size the TIFF standard supports) or Photoshop Raw (not to be confused with Camera Raw). There is also the option of using the new PSB file format

nah i was being a little sarcastic referring to php's existing functions for editing gifs/jpegs and png files, think theres more. Basically my way of saying why use psd which is a unusable format as opposed to using already working format?!?! only takes 5secs to save a psd as a jpeg.

Archived