Group legend

Guest .KX

Something like this should really be default.

Underneath the active users it should show a legend of all the groups, example:

Root Admin | Admin | Global Moderator | Moderator | Validating | Member | Guest | Bot

It is a very useful thing to have.

But wouldn't it be nice for this to be a default feature?

I don't think it should be a stock feature, for the reason posted by brandon:

Problem is, not every site uses the prefix/suffix - so in their 'legend' all group links would be identical and thus make no sense.

This is something best left as a mod.

Already has been updated. ;)

http://www.ipsbeyond.com/forums/index.php?...mp;showfile=620

I'm glad to see it's updated. I can't tell w/o downloading, though, if this uses the component system or not, which would make the mod much easier to manage. Does it?

I would like to see it as default, as in 2.2 the admins are coloured, nobody will not not be using plain ones.

However, I would like it to be customisable. I have 3 different staff groups that are all blue, now using FuS's mod, I would need to either:
- Show all 3 groups, looks a little bit silly
- Show 1 group, however only that group would be brought up when clicking on it.
Stuff like that would need to be thought about first

Problem is, not every site uses the prefix/suffix - so in their 'legend' all group links would be identical and thus make no sense.

Well then they wouldn't show if there is no suffix for it.

The problem I see with leaving it a mod, is it requires a few skin edits, and some php edits, the reason I got away from PHPBB and into IPB was to get away from these nasty edits that eventually leave my board stuck at a version and impossible to upgrade.

The problem I see with leaving it a mod, is it requires a few skin edits, and some php edits, the reason I got away from PHPBB and into IPB was to get away from these nasty edits that eventually leave my board stuck at a version and impossible to upgrade.

It (my mod) requires no skin edits.

Well then they wouldn't show if there is no suffix for it.

Yeah, exactly, that was what I was thinking :blink:

Personally, I see this mod used on so many sites that I think it would be well worth having as a standard feature, though preferably with an on/off option somewhere.

If you search Invisionize I'm sure you'll find some reference as to why I didn't release this, or any of my mods, there.

on IZE anyone that has a pirated IPB can get hacks they want. The site needs to get a verification system like IPSB to keep the pirated boards from getting scripts for those that have paid for it.

And that's funny because...? FuSoYa's is better anyway.

you are right I trust FuSoYa's hacks mor then I do some other rip of the same hack. I trust only the top hack makers Dean, FuSoYa, bfander and maybe a few others if they have a quality hack I need but tose are my top 3

Now if we could get a good tutorial system out of one of them it would be GREAT LOL

There are other places to get my mods than IPSBeyond. And if the most well-known modders are releasing their work there, that makes the less than 10 cents a day for access to the site well worth it to me. Not to mention, what happens if your site gets hacked after you let your support license expire? You won't have access to the IPS techs to investigate what the problem is.

There are other places to get my mods than IPSBeyond. And if the most well-known modders are releasing their work there, that makes the less than 10 cents a day for access to the site well worth it to me. Not to mention, what happens if your site gets hacked after you let your support license expire? You won't have access to the IPS techs to investigate what the problem is.

I was not aware that IPS techs would help with hacking as well? I thought that would be more of a server side issue?

What would be the extent of help?

Archived