Forward button

Guest TCWT

Did anyone think of replacing the current "delete" / "reply" buttons with "options" which leads to a drop-down with:

• Delete
  • Forward
Then everyone's happy! IPS get their drop-down for whatever reason they have for that, and we get the options in a logical place!

Frankly, I'd like to see the option for fewer drop-down lists. Features that are out of sight are out of mind as well. So not only do people need to do a whole lot more clicking to find things, but if you have javascript turned off those features are completely inaccessible.

Important functions should always be out in the open, clearly labeled and in a prominent location.

if you dont like just add it back in yourself lol Man all these "I don't like that you removed/added this xxxxxx feature in IPB 2.2" topics are getting pretty annoying. lol :rolleyes:

Aaron this is why this beta forum is for. What members like, n dont like.
Why,when,how,where,this,that etc ... :rolleyes:

if you dont like just add it back in yourself lol Man all these "I don't like that you removed/added this xxxxxx feature in IPB 2.2" topics are getting pretty annoying. lol :rolleyes:

No one stuck a gun to your dend to froce you to read this thread :rolleyes: this is a FEEDBACK section!! So it's ok for IPS to remove features as long as we could add it back ourselves, I applaud your mentality. :D

"If you don't like it, remove it yourself." Obviously an argument like that has no credence. Not only do some of us not possess the necessary knowledge to redo the skin, but IPS can't just dismiss all criticism of the skin - and more importantly this disturbing minimalism trend in the layout - by saying "you can change it on your forum."

Did anyone think of replacing the current "delete" / "reply" buttons with "options" which leads to a drop-down with:

• Delete
  • Forward

Then everyone's happy! IPS get their drop-down for whatever reason they have for that, and we get the options in a logical place!

thumbsup.gif

Actually, then nobody is happy. IPS isn't happy with the extra button - the goal of the system, I believe, was to remove them all - and we have to go through some pointless dropdown to get to ALL of our options.

Actually, then nobody is happy. IPS isn't happy with the extra button - the goal of the system, I believe, was to remove them all - and we have to go through some pointless dropdown to get to ALL of our options.

Well it's better than under the member name, isn't it?

I'm sure IPS have a logical reason for doing this - so please tell us! If you tell us why you did it, we'll have ideas to make it better, while keeping to whatever ideas you have - two (thousand) minds are better than one!

Archived