Request: Do not increment membership count for membership requests tha

Guest HPHubbard

My forum has 410 members and the 410th member has a member count of 590 which means that you are including those who I have not validated. (Yes, the spammers have found me, but they can't get IN.)

If I don't validate someone they should not ever be considered a member and therefore the membership count should not be incremented.

Please consider changing this in a future release.

Thank you.

I think, member's ID does not really have any importance for users. I also don't really see why there should be a member number at every post under their avatar, making it seemingly significant. It's only an identification number meant for IPB inner operations.

I think, member's ID does not really have any importance for users. I also don't really see why there should be a member number at every post under their avatar, making it seemingly significant. It's only an identification number meant for IPB inner operations.

Good point! I concur. Perhaps IPB could give us admins an option to display or not display the member number?

You do have the option, remove it from the Topic View -> RenderRow skin template.

Well, that's not exactly an implemented option. It's a skin change (an extra skin edit at every upgrade). Pretty easy done, I agree.

An ACP page for completely controling what data appear in the member info box at every post would be nice though.

Well, that's not exactly an implemented option. It's a skin change (an extra skin edit at every upgrade). Pretty easy done, I agree.

An ACP page for completely controling what data appear in the member info box at every post would be nice though.

I agree with FuSoYa that this can be changed via the skin and I'd consider this to be adding bloat. You don't need to revert your skin edits every ugprade. :)

Archived