Thread Permissions

Guest John

• 5 years later...

Sorry for the huuuuuuge bump, but I thought it would be better than making a pointless new thread.

Is this now possible?

Yes, it is absolutely possible. Just start a personal conversation and invite everyone you want to be a part of it.

It is also now possible - since 3.0, Personal Conversations have allowed you to have conversations with multiple participants.

Darn you Mark, you beat me to it.

I think there is already a setting to do what you are looking for. If you edit the forum which you are using for this competition in the ACP, then go to "Postable Forum Settings" tab and down to "Allow posters to view other member's topics" and set it to "No." This will only allow users to view topics which they have created. I also believe that it will still allow moderators to view all of the topics. I have never used it, but I think that is what you are looking for.

I think there is already a setting to do what you are looking for. If you edit the forum which you are using for this competition in the ACP, then go to "Postable Forum Settings" tab and down to "Allow posters to view other member's topics" and set it to "No." This will only allow users to view topics which they have created. I also believe that it will still allow moderators to view all of the topics. I have never used it, but I think that is what you are looking for.

I believe the idea is to include selected people other than the original poster and who aren't moderators.

As someone else asked, what's the difference from a private conversation and this? With a private conversation you can specify everyone you wish to be included.

If that's not acceptable, then it will need to be done as a mod. I seriously doubt the developers will incorporate something such as this.

On a similar note I'd like to point out that a feature to - instead of adding members to a topic - be able to BAN members from a topic. For instance I know several topics on a forum I'm a moderator on where there are certain members who just can't behave in them. Perhaps they continously harass people, etc but not as several to deserve a general forum ban since they are behaving in other forums.

Banning them from that topic would be great. Aswell as banning someone from a FORUM would be great too. I think it could be possible to do this in ACP but I mean that moderators should be able to ban a member from a forum.

Archived