Block individual member avatar for users

Guest Dolfan23b

I have a few users who have requested that they be able to block/hide the avatar of some users and I want to know if this is possible. I have the "hide my signature" mod installed and that's been great so I'm hoping that there is something like that for avatars and although I've done a bit of searching I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks in advance!

If you are asking for a mod this isn't the correct forum. As for a feature, I wouldn't really care for this as members of my forum are recognized for their Avatars and signatures and signatures are required to have avatars on my forum.

Ah you're right mods if you'll please move this I didnt' realize I was inside of the wrong category. My apologies!

I appreciate your feedback but you don't see it as being useful if someone has an avatar that you don't like to be able to hide it? For example, lets say that you hate cats and someone has an avatar of cats and it bothered you to see it over and over again, but it's not against the board rules to have an avatar of a cat, why not allow the member to block it?

I remember a while back there was a user (on these forums I think) who had an eyeball as their avatar which creeped me out so much I put them on my ignore list - I think after a while they took it off because people kept moaning about it.

So I can see a use for this, but even still, I think it might be best left to modding, it does seem a bit bloat for a default feature.

i'd like the option, why ? because now spammers are populating their 'profiles' even before posting a single spam

here's a blog I made about this very problem recently , now it wasnt their avatar but it sure was in the profile.....

do we have any method of stopping this ? sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, if i am please tell me where to go

cheers

I remember a while back there was a user (on these forums I think) who had an eyeball as their avatar which creeped me out so much I put them on my ignore list - I think after a while they took it off because people kept moaning about it.

So I can see a use for this, but even still, I think it might be best left to modding, it does seem a bit bloat for a default feature.

Eyeball? LOL :lol:

PS. I agree, best left as a mod.

Archived