Welcome to Beta 1

Matt

• Management

Welcome to Beta 1!

We finally made it! After three months of intense alpha testing, and many more months of development, we're ready to move into beta testing.

We Did It Success GIF by Jeopardy!

For a full run down of how to access the beta, see the overview page.

A reminder that beta software will contain issues. We've done a lot of testing, but only limited testing upgrading from v4, so there's likely to be issues for some depending on server OS, and other site specific factors. It's best you don't immediately update your production site. 🙂 

I want to extend my thanks to everyone that was involved in the early focus group, the very early alpha testing and the more public alpha testing. Each click, each error hit and each bug report moved us forward and I'm very grateful for your help.

Now we enter the most exciting phase, the last stretch before a full release!

You'll be able to download a little later today.

Are we allowed to test v5 even with a dev site of v4.7?

It would allow me to see what changes and things would be required, as at the moment I don't plan to upgrade for a while. I would like to see v5, to see how it reflects personally.

• Management
46 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Are we allowed to test v5 even with a dev site of v4.7?

It would allow me to see what changes and things would be required, as at the moment I don't plan to upgrade for a while. I would like to see v5, to see how it reflects personally.

Yep, this is fine.

I quote

"You can download Invision Community 5 from your client area if you are using the Invision Community Classic license. If you are still using an older license, such as Invision Community Suite, you have the option to convert that into the newer license. You'll find this option at the bottom of your client area page. "

I am still using old license - Invision Community Suite. Can I upgrade IP4 to IP5 or should I use Invision Community licence?

1 minute ago, fileo said:

I quote

"You can download Invision Community 5 from your client area if you are using the Invision Community Classic license. If you are still using an older license, such as Invision Community Suite, you have the option to convert that into the newer license. You'll find this option at the bottom of your client area page. "

I am still using old license - Invision Community Suite. Can I upgrade IP4 to IP5 or should I use Invision Community licence?

@fileo you need to upgrade to classic license then the download will be at the bottom of client area.

• Management
2 hours ago, Drewfus said:

So to get the Beta I have to switch my license to the classic services?? and will my old version still work??

It will, you'll just be changing the license terms of the payments, not the product.

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Timeframe on rollout to cloud? 

Step 1 will be the ability to clone your production site to test it. We're unsure when we'll enable cloud upgrades, just because it's not very easy to downgrade. It's likely to be a lot further along.

17 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

you need to upgrade to classic license then the download will be at the bottom of client area.

Is there option in Admin Panel IP4 manual upgrade to v5? I have downloaded Beta version - is that Test version.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

It will, you'll just be changing the license terms of the payments, not the product.

technically correct but a little bit of smoke and mirrors. The old licenses are perpetual with maintenance and if expired can be renewed any time. The yearly cost is $300 (2 x $150). The 'classic' terms ($199 p/yr) are closer to a subscription where you lose your license if not renewed for 24 months which may affect those of us with dormant licenses we want to reinstate later and prevent us from feeling comfortable converting. 

Will the beta be available to those of us with existing/original and fully paid-up licenses that we can also test? or is this restricted only to those who converted?   

3 hours ago, HighlanderICT said:

The 'classic' terms ($199 p/yr) are closer to a subscription where you lose your license if not renewed for 24 months which may affect those of us with dormant licenses we want to reinstate later and prevent us from feeling comfortable converting.

Wait... so I lose the $500 license I just purchased if I dont renew within 2 years? Does that mean I have to pay $500 again instead of the $200 for renewal...?

I didn't see this anywhere at checkout. I thought it was the same as before where we could pick and choose when and how often to renew...