[BUG 4.7.18] Number of solutions not shown in some forums

teraßyte

When viewing a topic in a forum you usually see the number of posts a member has made together with the number of solutions they have provided.

The problem is that the solutions statistic is only shown when viewing topics in a Questions forum or a Discussions forum with the option Enable Solved? enabled.

If the forum has the Enable Solved? option disabled, this check below in the postContainer template fails because $comment->author_solved_count is not set:

{{if isset( $comment->author_solved_count )}}
	<li>
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members', 'front' ) ) }}
			<a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$comment->author()->member_id}&do=solutions" seoTemplate="profile_solutions" seoTitle="$comment->author()->members_seo_name"}' rel="nofollow" title="{lang="solved_badge_tooltip" pluralize="$comment->author_solved_count"}" data-ipsTooltip class='ipsType_blendLinks'>
		{{endif}}		
			   <i class='fa fa-check-circle'></i> {number="$comment->author_solved_count"}
		{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members', 'front' ) ) }}
			</a>
		{{endif}}
	</li>
{{endif}}

I may not be understanding you here. However, it is the point to not show the solution count when in a normal discussion forum without the ability for solved to show.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I may not be understanding you here. However, it is the point to not show the solution count when in a normal discussion forum without the ability for solved to show.

Using your post as an example, it shows you have 925 solutions.

I see no point in hiding this statistics in a forum where posts cannot be marked as a solution. You have still posted those solutions, and the link back to the solutions page should always be available regardless. It's part of the user's info, and on forums that rely on that kind of stat to show if a user is trustworthy, not showing it is a "bug". 🤷‍♂️

We can argue this should be in the feedback forum, but I personally think it's a bug. Feel free to move it in case. 😋