Error with posting Youtube video when creating a new topic

Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Discovered I'm getting an error when trying to post a Youtube URL when creating a new post "The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji".  If I reply to an already existing topic, it will post just fine, but if you are trying to create a new post/topic, it throws this error.  Any ideas?

URL in this case: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZjQpenulx8"

Could contain: Advertisement, Train, Locomotive, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Computer Hardware, Face, Poster

That error is usually thrown if a utf8mb4 character is in the text and your database is not utf8mb4. For example, posting an emoji while the database is utf8/utf8mb3.

Is your database using utf8mb4? Maybe something in the YouTube embed has a utf8mb4 Unicode character that triggers the check. 🤔

• Solution

As mentioned above, you need to ensure your database is converted to mb4. This is shown in the support area of your admin CP, under the database section, as an issue on your site that should be addressed. Taking a look at your site, I also noted your site is considerably out of date, and should be updated to the latest release