How Do Moderators Ban Members?

I suspect I'll feel stupid when I learn the answer to this, but I have looked and am not seeing it. My mods via the member profile can flag them as a spammer. As I understand it, this bans the person, removes their content, and adds them to an IC  spammer list. Heavy stuff.

However there is no simple ban button which I would think would be right there next to the flag as spammer button. That only seems accessible to me as Admin via the Admin area, a place I do not want my mods getting into. How do I give the Mods the basic ban capability, which can be reversed, content deletion is an option, and not flag people as spammers? Without giving them full ability to change basic forum functions? Thanks.

Banning, whether temporary or permanent can be done via the warning system. You can set up thresholds at which at X amount of points, they are temporarily banned and Y points, they are perma-banned. Alternatively, you can give your moderators the ability to set custom restrictions on the user without that escalation period.