Member Merge - Some posts merged correctly, some show as "Guest"

Hello. 

I frequently use the Member Merge function if a user decides to leave the community. This ensures that the users posts on the forums are retained while honouring the users wish to have their account removed. 

However I have hit a snag today. I merged said  member with our default account "EHW Ai" which I use for merging all members content to. This usually goes fine and all the posts of the leaving member show under the ownership of "EHW Ai". However this time round, it seems to have done this for some of the users posts and not other. The other posts which have not merged correctly now show under "Guest", this is not correct. 

How would I go about rectifying this? If any more details are required, I am happy to provide.

Many thanks,
E

I’ve noticed if it’s an account with a lot of posts, merging accounts sometimes show up as guest until the process 100 pct finishes. Have you confirmed the merge activity is actually fully complete. Moving to the new account looks to be the last thing done. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

I’ve noticed if it’s an account with a lot of posts, merging accounts sometimes show up as guest until the process 100 pct finishes. Have you confirmed the merge activity is actually fully complete. Moving to the new account looks to be the last thing done. 

This was my other thought that perhaps the system was still doing it. I cannot recall now how many posts the user had and obviously I can no longer check. I merged the account at around 6 hours ago and I can still see posts from the user showing as Guest. Is there a way to check the progress on merging ?

10 hours ago, panzerscope said:

This was my other thought that perhaps the system was still doing it. I cannot recall now how many posts the user had and obviously I can no longer check. I merged the account at around 6 hours ago and I can still see posts from the user showing as Guest. Is there a way to check the progress on merging ?

Check on background processes, and if that is then not the case, we will need some examples if possible

17 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

When you login to the ACP, is there any activities listed in the background processes section of the dashboard?

I can confirm there are no background processes.

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Check on background processes, and if that is then not the case, we will need some examples if possible

What examples would you like? I can show a post that has successfully merged and one that hasn't but I am assuming you need something else as that would not tell you much.

I think there may be a bug in member merges and deletions in 4.7.17. We just deleted a member and chose the anonymise option, it ran through a bunch of processes then hid all of the members posts and topics as well.

13 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

I can confirm there are no background processes.

What examples would you like? I can show a post that has successfully merged and one that hasn't but I am assuming you need something else as that would not tell you much.

We would need to know the name of the member deleted, who you tried to add it to, and a couple of example items that didnt merge

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to know the name of the member deleted, who you tried to add it to, and a couple of example items that didnt merge

Sure. 

Member who wanted account closed: "Iamjanco" 
The "Iamjanco" account was then merged with our "EHW Ai" account. 

Here is an example of a post that did merge correctly: https://extremehw.net/topic/676-what-are-you-listening-right-now/page/39/#comment-46280 

Here is an example of a post that did not merge correctly: https://extremehw.net/topic/3694-ek-is-imploding-investigative-report/page/2/#comment-46676 

Thanks very much.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

16 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Apologies for that. We have now created new credentials and updated the form.