Can't access AdminCP screen and website running too slow

Hi, first time coming into an issue where I'm at a loss how to update my theme and other plugins as i can't accessthe admin section. I get this:

[[Template core/admin/system/login is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any help would be hugely apprciated as i'm hoping its just an update to plugins that i need to do...i just can't force the adminCP screen to pop up.

Many thanks in advance

P.S. Last 24 hours the website keeps timing out and I know its not server related as i've spoken to them so I need to update all my software.

Well this is awkward...but a new constants.php file with just that line in it most places direct into our folders and it isn't doing anything. The file looks okay but not sure why its not as simple as it seems?

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Is there a specific root I need to be putting this file in so it picks up the file correctly?

35 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

It should be in the same folder as your conf_global.php.  Once you place it, you may need to clear your browser cache or launch a new private browsing session. 

I must be going mad....

Could contain: Page, Text

Constants file where conf_global is but nothing is happening. Cleared browser cache, used a separate browser and even gone private too but I keep getting the same error above.

I really appreciate the help @Randy Calvert...just don't know how or why something i've done once about 4-5 years and it worked, now doesn't seem to want to work.

Only thing I can see differently is the recovery_mode is in green on the example and mine it is red. Makes me feel like its not picking it up for whatever reason or the code is wrong?

Is there any help anyone can provide please? I think I can solve everything once the constant file works but its clearly being ignored or not working as expected. Have I got a Recovery Mode installed because I'd expect so?

Thanks in advance all

Please can anyone suggest if i've done something incorrect here? I've added screenshots to show i've done what is asked for recovery mode to work but I still get the same error.

Do i need to remove a file from anywhere to get it to work instead?

I've double and triple checked with a developer and this is definitely a loop that needs support please @Marc Stridgen @Stuart Silvester and anyone else at IPS that can support please.

I've had a developer check, and I've done exactly what it states. Equally looking back it seems like others needed your support when this happened too.

I know I can happily update the small number of apps I have once I login....I just need to get past this easy step that is clearly being held back for some reason!

Many thanks in advance.

Looks like you have the software files in both the root directory of your domain and a folder called "forum". The folder called "forum" is actually where you are operating the software. Once I uploaded the constants.php there, recovery mode works. 

With that said, it looks like there is an issue with writing datastore files to your server which is creating issues. Please ensure that your server has proper permissions and space. Please check with your hosting provider if you are unsure how to do this.

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Looks like you have the software files in both the root directory of your domain and a folder called "forum". The folder called "forum" is actually where you are operating the software. Once I uploaded the constants.php there, recovery mode works. 

With that said, it looks like there is an issue with writing datastore files to your server which is creating issues. Please ensure that your server has proper permissions and space. Please check with your hosting provider if you are unsure how to do this.

Thank You @Jim M for this, it really is appreciated. 🙏 I should be able to run Recovery Mode first though and get the datastore files checked out separately with Ionos if that's correct?

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thank You @Jim M for this, it really is appreciated. 🙏 I should be able to run Recovery Mode first though and get the datastore files checked out separately with Ionos if that's correct?

The issue is derived from the datastore writing at the moment so I would do that first. Once that is resolved, you can try recovery mode if there is still an issue.