Cant upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Strikerecondo,

Morning 

Tried to upgrade this morning and it says that it has downloaded the data but when i click continue it says there is nothing to upgrade so i am unsure what to do next 

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have the same issue, and when I upload successfully the files it pointed out a problem with the index.php file. I uploaded again the file, it worked well but the problem still here : 

Could contain: Page, Text

then I set the permissions of the index.php as 666 but nothing changed. What did I do wrong ? thank you very much !

Edited by Strikerecondo

25 minutes ago, Strikerecondo said:

Hello, I have the same issue, and when I upload successfully the files it pointed out a problem with the index.php file. I uploaded again the file, it worked well but the problem still here : 

Could contain: Page, Text

then I set the permissions of the index.php as 666 but nothing changed. What did I do wrong ? thank you very much !

The index.php file hasn't changed for many years. That suggests there's still a permissions issue and PHP cannot read that file to generate a checksum. I would recommend checking the owner and the webserver user has permission to read the file (chmod 666 is a bad idea, set the permission that is appropriate for your server).

• Solution

Thank you very much ! after another check of the error message, i just realized that the index.php was in the admin folder, not in the root. I forgot that i had rename the admin folder in the past... which prevented the files in the admin folder from being replaced with the upgrade files. After correcting that, the upgrade is complete. Thanks again Stuart 😉 have a nice day!