Invision Community 5: The all-new editor

I really love the changes to the Editor and the new schema revision in order to sanitize all the "pasted" content from other sites. Many times, people paste content from "dark mode" and text background is attached.

However, as many other community admins, would feel weird if we cannot edit the source code.

I usually add Tables to my content and as I have attached a .js to the community, with a special class, I make them sortable.

Any chances to add Tables in this editor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 5/26/2024 at 10:35 AM, Ibai said:

I really love the changes to the Editor and the new schema revision in order to sanitize all the "pasted" content from other sites. Many times, people paste content from "dark mode" and text background is attached.

However, as many other community admins, would feel weird if we cannot edit the source code.

I usually add Tables to my content and as I have attached a .js to the community, with a special class, I make them sortable.

Any chances to add Tables in this editor?

Tables are on the roadmap. Perhaps not for v5.0 but we want to support them.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:24 AM, Matt said:

Keep those reasons for using source mode coming.

Hi @Matt

Off the top of my head, for one site (link) I used Source mode HTML editing in the AdminCP with Pages Blocks.

I wanted to create some Custom Blocks that I can quickly add on the first of each month to my Pages home page, with monthly gardening tips. Each black has an image and a link to a Calendar Event.

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Petal, Rose, Advertisement

Simply embedding a calendar event link wasn't the best option, for a few reasons, they always show the original event creation date for example:-

Could contain: File, Webpage, Flower, Plant, Petal, Page, Text

On 5/15/2024 at 12:34 PM, Matt Finger said:

Sticky Toolbar

Anyone who has authored a long piece of content knows the pain of scrolling up and down to get the toolbar in view. To make writing longer content less stressful, we've made the toolbar sticky so that it will always be fixed at the top of the editor after scrolling down.

Yes! Thank you. Editing a Terms of Use policy, Community Rules or Privacy Policy in the AdminCP is a pain without this, especially when using an iPad!

2 hours ago, The Old Man said:

I wanted to create some Custom Blocks that I can quickly add on the first of each month to my Pages home page, with monthly gardening tips. Each black has an image and a link to a Calendar Event.

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Petal, Rose, Advertisement

That will be possible without source mode using editor content boxes and the new page builder, stay tuned as we are wrapping that up soon; it'd take some custom CSS to get the button and heading exactly the same, but nothing crazy. There will also be custom HTML blocks still so you can use custom HTML in those areas for cases where an editor plugin is overkill.

2 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Question: Is there a way to change the UI toolbar colour in the new editor to match custom theme?

No, but thanks to the theme magic of relative colors, you shouldn't need to. It will use the same background as the wrapping container.