Remind me: Can we add Font Awesome glyphs to forum names?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Getting back to building again, and I forgot if there is something removing glyphs when trying to add a Font Awesome Glyph into the name of a category, like a forum name for example?

I tried to add it, but it does not show properly. So it is either me not adding the Font Awesome library correctly, or there is a security protection in the way?

1 hour ago, Jimi Wikman said:

I figured as much. So to add that, I have to extend the names with a new input field to append to the forum name or category name for Pages, for example?

If you like the icons of the awesome font for your forum icons, then direct use I think is not possible.
But you can do something else -
- take a screenshot of any icon font awesome you like
- convert these images to webp format
- use add icon function for each name of your forum, and it will replace original ui icons with your images.
Here's an example:

Could contain: Text, File

In this case, you will also save a function - unread/read
and you will have different awesome font simulated images.

36 minutes ago, Adlago said:

If you like the icons of the awesome font for your forum icons, then direct use I think is not possible.
But you can do something else -
- take a screenshot of any icon font awesome you like
- convert these images to webp format
- use add icon function for each name of your forum, and it will replace original ui icons with your images.
Here's an example:

Could contain: Text, File

In this case, you will also save a function - unread/read
and you will have different awesome font simulated images.

I appreciate that @Adlago, but I am not looking for the forum icons, but to add a little icon to the forum name so it shows up something like this:
Could contain: Person, Text, Face, Head, Page

That require a little extension, so I have another field in the forum editing form that I can output in the template.

I'll dig into it when V5 is released and see if I can get that sorted 🙂