Some problems when upgrading since IPB 3.4 to IPB 4.7

1 minute ago, Seirei said:

I fiiled access information, maybe Invision Community Team can see by themselves.Could contain: Page, Text

Your login requires email address and you have inserted display name, please insert email address for the ACP credentials.

Please also be sure to be PHP 8.1. As you're on PHP 8.0 right now.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Your login requires email address and you have inserted display name, please insert email address for the ACP credentials.

Please also be sure to be PHP 8.1. As you're on PHP 8.0 right now.

I've corrected login field

I use PHP 8.1:

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Seirei

18 hours ago, Seirei said:

PHP 8.1 has strftime() function as deprecated. So IPB 4 doesn't send e-mail. New users cannot sign up, old users cannot recover passwords. Thant's bad. What I should do?

Please could you clarify what you mean here? Our software currently uses 8.1, and people do send email through our software. So it does work

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you clarify what you mean here? Our software currently uses 8.1, and people do send email through our software. So it does work

@Marc Stridgen, you can see for yourself. I provided my login information in a special form. @Jim M already tried fix this problem. He can confirm if you don't believe me.

Edited by Seirei

You would need to contact your hosting company if you are having issues with PHP mail. We simply pass it to your server. We dont deal with the emailing itself

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact your hosting company if you are having issues with PHP mail. We simply pass it to your server. We dont deal with the emailing itself

Maybe you should create a ticket in you bug-tracker to fix use deprecated function strftime() in the code of your product? Then this issue will be fixed in the next release.

@Marc Stridgen, You claim to support PHP 8.1, but in fact this isn't. And I can prove it. Why are you denying the obvious fact of the problem?

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php
Could contain: Page, Text, File

I feel you may be misunderstanding the meaning of "deprecated". This doesnt mean it doesnt exist, nor that it doesnt work. It means you probably shouldnt use it. It doesnt mean it is not supported

Posted (edited)
Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

I feel you may be misunderstanding the meaning of "deprecated". This doesnt mean it doesnt exist, nor that it doesnt work. It means you probably shouldnt use it. It doesnt mean it is not supported

But my e-mails doesn't send anyway

Edited by Seirei

But my e-mails doesn't send anyway

OK. I'm not sure what we can do to assist you with that. As mentioned previously, we don't send your emails. Your hosting company sends your emails.

The deprecated message, if its showing up on your production environment, means your production environment isn't actually set up correctly. You should not have deprecated warnings enabled for a production environment.

I fully understand your frustration of course. I'm simply trying to ensure you have the correct information and that you are going to the correct place to get the help you need. At present you are asking your software company to help you fix a hosting issue. 

Posted (edited)

I turned off deprecated message in php.ini:

Maybe I don't fully undestand, what Standart Support means in my purchases:

I believed that you could help me with your product, because I provided the access information in a special form.

Edited by Seirei

1 hour ago, Seirei said:

Maybe I don't fully undestand, what Standart Support means in my purchases:

Server hosting support is outside our scope of support. You would need to work with your hosting provider if you are unsure. Please ensure you're on the latest release of PHP 8.1 (8.1.28 is available).

14 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Server hosting support is outside our scope of support. You would need to work with your hosting provider if you are unsure. Please ensure you're on the latest release of PHP 8.1 (8.1.28 is available).

Worth noting running PHP 8.1.28 on my test server, I am not seeing the error you're mentioning above when using PHP mail so this look to be configuration related, I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Worth noting running PHP 8.1.28 on my test server, I am not seeing the error you're mentioning above when using PHP mail so this look to be configuration related, I'm afraid.

What OS are you using?

I use clean Centos 9 Stream

What OS are you using?

I use clean Centos 9 Stream

Sorry, we do not provide hosting support. We have provided proof it works in a normal environment, it would be up to yourself to troubleshoot your environment to see why it doesn't work there.

2 minutes ago, Seirei said:

Can you provided me your php.ini file from test server?

As mentioned, we are unable to provide server support.

Have you tried sending mail via SMTP instead of phpMail?  It's very possible you have not setup things like SPF/DKIM for your server's IP address and that your email is blocking the mail.  IPS obviously cannot fix those kinds of issues.  So it might be easier to try using SMTP to send email.  

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Have you tried sending mail via SMTP instead of phpMail?  It's very possible you have not setup things like SPF/DKIM for your server's IP address and that your email is blocking the mail.  IPS obviously cannot fix those kinds of issues.  So it might be easier to try using SMTP to send email.  

I had early IPB 3.4 and I was able to send e-mails via phpMail. I configured SPF and DKIM.

Edited by Seirei