Blog Views Metrics Seem Wildly Off/Inconsistent?

We've just introduced Blogs to our community (about 4-5 months ago) and some members are taking to it quite well. But someone pointed out to me that the 'Views' metric that was visible at the top of their Blog seemed huge compared to the actual view metrics for the blog entries they had created.

On my community, Blog ID #16 has a View count of 114,879 on the top level, but when you add the Views of each individual blog entry within the Blog (entry IDs 86, 83, 78, 70 and 67) the total only comes to 1,167. Similar mis-matches in View counts are happening on every Blog on my community, but that particular Blog is where the problem is most obvious.

Is this expected behaviour? I am assuming that the top-level Views metric (114,879) includes views from each blog entry (1,167) + views on that blog top-level landing page (which means that there were 113,713 Views on just that landing page of the Blog)? I'm curious as to why so many people (or maybe, "people" - thanks crawler bots?) visited the front page of a community Blog without clicking through to just one of the blog entries? It doesn't seem correct to me.

As you suggest there, its very likely to be bots that are visiting the pages, and are just not visiting the entries themselves, giving you the differences. There is very little you are really going to be able to do about that unfortunately, unless you go about blocking bots from those pages, which can of course have a negative affect on your site.