Upgrade - Manual action required - Version 4.7.16

Go to solution Solved by Sonya*,

It to took me a lot of waiting until this download magic started working on my server and until now, I don‘t know why it works and why it didn‘t.

Would start checking the credentials, the ports, the daemons and the chmod of dirs and files.

What OS are you on?

9 hours ago, D-Rocks09 said:

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't upgrade in the admin panel like I could in previous versions? It wants me to do the upgrade manually.

What is your current version? Anyways, doing a manual upgrade is not that complicated. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good evening-

I'm running into the same situation again where the auto upgrade isn't working from v4.7.16 to v4.7.17.

This time I am getting a message in the AdminCP stating... 

PHP 8.2+

Please be aware that this version of Invision Community does not support PHP 8.2/8.3/8.4. These versions may prevent you from upgrading to newer versions of Invision Community. Please downgrade your PHP version to the latest release of PHP 8.1

I've rechecked my PHP settings and I am on 8.1

Any thoughts why the auto upgrade is failing this time?

Also, where can I find the How To on doing a manual upgrade?

@Sonya* Any solutions this time around? 🙂 

Hi @D-Rocks09,

Multiple versions of PHP can be installed on the same server, so I would get in touch with your hosting provider to ensure that your server is definitely configured to use PHP 8.1.

There is a help guide available on Invision Community that outlines the manual upgrading process.