Gallery Extremely Slow / No Response

Since a few days ago the gallery module is extremely slow, up to no response.

https://www.oly-forum.com/gallery/

This applies only to logged in users, guests have no problems.

I had the suspicion that it's a problem with unapproved content and checked the approval queue

Here I received an OutOfRangeException.

Any ideas what might be the reason?

I already asked my provider for slow SQL queries but didn't receive an answer.

Andreas

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 [PATH]/system/Content/Item.php(1538): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0)
#1 [PATH]/system/Content/Item.php(1507): IPS\Content\_Item->container()
#2 [PATH]/system/Content/Item.php(7155): IPS\Content\_Item->containerWrapper()
#3 [PATH]/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Unapproved.php(187): IPS\Content\_Item->canUnhide()
#4 [PATH]/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Unapproved.php(78): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Unapproved->_getNext()
#5 [PATH]/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(114): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Unapproved->manage()
#6 [PATH]/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#7 [PATH]/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 [PATH]/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Yes, I saw the same a few days ago. I reduced the front page to only show categories, which resolved it for now. Something in the other optional blocks seems to create problematic queries. 

Edited by opentype

34 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yes, I saw the same a few days ago. I reduced the front page to only show categories, which resolved it for now. Something in the other optional blocks seems to create problematic queries. 

Tried that too, didn’t help. 
I switched off carrousel, categories, new images, nothing helped 

You have non-InnoDB tables so I would advise first changing your database to InnoDB and then test again. You also have a significant number of errors getting generated from your ElasticSearch instance so I would ensure that it is running properly and not on the same server as that can cause performance issues.

I had problems with ElasticSearch, but those were solved.

I see the InnoDB warnings in the support area, but it's a major project to change the DB tables.

But this shouldn't cause errors in the arrival queue?

Andreas

ElasticSearch errors are still populating your system log as of now.

Yes, you would need to make your database compatible prior to providing further support or this may cause other issues, including the performance issues you're seeing.