Add a HTTP500 error for SQL Database connection refused

Yesterday, I needed to utilize a backup of my website, but I had saved it prior to updating my SQL server login credentials. Consequently, upon attempting to open my page, I encountered a 500 error, as I had forgotten to update the SQL logins. The site displayed a "Connection timed out" message, although I believe it would have been more helpful to receive a specific message related to the database errors. 

If it has been suggested previously, my bad, couldn't find anything. 

You can see the specific error related to the issue within system>Settings>logs on your sites installation, or within your server logs. We would not generally provide more specific infromation about errors such as these as doing so could reveal information that you would not want to show 

On 3/22/2024 at 11:53 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

You can see the specific error related to the issue within system>Settings>logs on your sites installation, or within your server logs. We would not generally provide more specific infromation about errors such as these as doing so could reveal information that you would not want to show 

The problem is that I could not get into the page at all, just 500 on everything. After changing the login details, it worked.

15 hours ago, HeavyWolfPL said:

The problem is that I could not get into the page at all, just 500 on everything. After changing the login details, it worked.

If it is a 500 Internal Server Error coming from your server, then it is not reaching the software. The error would be logged in your server error log unless your server configuration is not allowing it or incorrect log location.

Otherwise, if there is an error in our software but the ACP is inaccessible, it will be logged in /uploads/logs.