Not receiving emails

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I have enabled for myself to receive an email when I receive a PM on my forum but I don't seem to be getting any. I have checked my junk but nothing there. I asked one of my admins if she gets them and she said yes. 

Unfortunately, we cannot comment what is happening after our software hands it off to your email provider, but I can confirm that your notification settings are set correctly. Could you please let us know your display name or ID?

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, we cannot comment what is happening after our software hands it off to your email provider, but I can confirm that your notification settings are set correctly. Could you please let us know your display name or ID?

Catsmother is my username 🙂 

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

5 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Updated my details 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yes. As previously mentioned, you have added a display name into the login details on file. Your site uses email to log in, so we dont have the details for this

Ok should be fixed now 🙂

• Solution

Thank you, I was able to login now. Looking at your profile, you have Push notifications active for receiving message notifications. With that active, the push notification would win, and you would not receive an email. You would need to disable push notification if you want only emails.

49 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you, I was able to login now. Looking at your profile, you have Push notifications active for receiving message notifications. With that active, the push notification would win, and you would not receive an email. You would need to disable push notification if you want only emails.

Thank you. It seems this was indeed the issue. 

Thanks again with this, much appreciated 🙂 

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

Please provide me with an example user, and example item you believe you should have received notification from. We can then take a look for you

I only have 4 members altogether including myself. When we have PM'd each other I don't get any email to say that I have received a PM. when I originally made this post Jim said it is because I had push notifications and emails on so I would receive the push notification than an email. I turned the push notifications off and I was receiving emails but now I am not receiving them again.

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

Are you all on the site testing this as you are online? If so, you would get the notification while you are on the site and wouldnt get the email

I am now yes. but through the night I wasn't online and I had a PM but had no email.