Form submission

EarthDog

I am looking for a robust selfhosted solution for form data submission, and i want to explore the possibilities that IP gives me.

What i need is rather simple

• Users to be able to submit a form.
  • Preferably custom form logic (fields to appear under condition e.t.c).
  • Email when a new entry is entered.
  • Export to Excel/Spreadsheet.

Can i leverage pages to do it? 

• 6 months later...
On 2/26/2024 at 3:09 PM, Marc said:

Creating a form you can do with the pages application, and you could simply follow the database to get an email.

Can you give me more details or instructions on how it should be built, possibly an example (link) with a website that has implemented such a form with pages.
Thank you!

What do you want to do exactly?

I've made forms in Pages before for some of my clients, but it depends on what you want to do with it. Also, you need to know some PHP and understand how the framework works to build it to use the helper classes/fields. Here's a simple block form I recently made:

p4pQDlC.png

The developer guide on how to build forms is available here:

16 hours ago, Marius said:

Can you give me more details or instructions on how it should be built, possibly an example (link) with a website that has implemented such a form with pages.
Thank you!

Take a look at the pages section on the left of the page here

I have no specific site I can link to that has implemented this exact form, however pages allows you to add fields to create whatever forms you wish. It may take some knowledge of html to format them in the way you wish, and if you want custom items such as them exporting etc, as I mentioned above, you would need custom development such as described by terabyte above