REDISException: Cannot_Connect (0)

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The question on the group, you are misunderstanding entirely. Im not asking what moved them out of the group you believe they should have been in. Im asking what put them in the group they should have been in firstly. Im asking this, as if this was by something that was automated, such as a purchase, a promotion, or something similar, it could be something wrong in that process that has caused it to revert.

I placed them there, manually.

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

On point 1 there, I have just noticed from the users ticket to you there, they actually stated it started Sun/Mon. This was days before the issue occurred.

Yes, one member did, the other was Wednesday, the day after the redis event. I will concede your contention that the two are not related.

Honestly, as I said in my PM, this is not a big deal for me, it was more of a FYI for your team. I do, however, find it strange that there is no record of them being removed from a particular user group and odd that it happened in the first place.

I have to be honest, and say you are the only person I have seen this happen to. It would lead me to believe its very likely that member wasnt actually in the group you thought they were. If its not a problem now, we can leave it there, and if you see anything like this happen again please let us know. Alternatively, my first call would be for me to get a backup of the database from prior to that point in time, in order to check the groups. As you mentioned yourself, there, its not possible to move a user from a group without it actually being reported in the members page

44 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I have to be honest, and say you are the only person I have seen this happen to. It would lead me to believe its very likely that member wasnt actually in the group you thought they were. If its not a problem now, we can leave it there, and if you see anything like this happen again please let us know. Alternatively, my first call would be for me to get a backup of the database from prior to that point in time, in order to check the groups. As you mentioned yourself, there, its not possible to move a user from a group without it actually being reported in the members page

Well... I am quite positive that those members were in the group I thought they were. There is the fact that both of them have been posting to the Private forum since their joining, as is evidenced by their postings to the private forum through the years. This is easily provable if you login and look at their postings through the years, up until the point when they could no longer access the Private sub. If they were not in the Private group, I'm not sure how they could post to the private sub. They could not post to the private forum being in the group they were found to have been in on Thursday. Other than that... I'll leave it at that.

I might suggest that you indeed get a backup of the database from prior to that point in time in order to check the groups. Other than the above, at this point, I don't know if there is anything else to say in this matter.

43 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

There is the fact that both of them have been posting to the Private forum since their joining, as is evidenced by their postings to the private forum through the years. This is easily provable if you login and look at their postings through the years, up until the point when they could no longer access the Private sub. If they were not in the Private group, I'm not sure how they could post to the private sub.

Thats certainly a fair comment. I think at this point, let us know if you see anything like that happen again. Its certainly an odd one if thats the case

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2024 at 10:43 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Thats certainly a fair comment. I think at this point, let us know if you see anything like that happen again. Its certainly an odd one if thats the case

It happened again today. I have a member who was moved to another group. From all indications, it happened when the Cloud had issues today.

This is not good. What if the next time it happens, a member is moved to an administrative group.

Because of the previous discussion here, and the impression I took away from it, that I wasn't believed, I have not done anything with the member in question so you can have a look for yourself and see. I would like to have this investigated quickly so I can move the member in question back to their rightful group.

Edited by My Sharona

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I don't believe in any way that a users group could be moved as a result of what was happening with cloud there. However, I have created a ticket for you here, so we can look closer at this for you. 

It's okay that you don't believe what happened. I have living proof that a user was moved from one group to another at the timeframe in question.

Edited by My Sharona

12 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

It's okay that you don't believe what happened. I have living proof that a user was moved from one group to another at the timeframe in question.

I feel you misunderstood what I said there. There is no question whatsoever in believing what happened. it's the reason for it happening I dont believe to be the cause.

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

I feel you misunderstood what I said there. There is no question whatsoever in believing what happened. it's the reason for it happening I dont believe to be the cause.

My apologies then. I just coupled your response with the previous discussion here and kind of assumed that was the case.