After latest upgrade invision locked my video app, happened before (it is fixed but happen again)

After latest upgrade invision locked my video app, this happened before but happened after this upgrade too... According to app owner it is compatible 

PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible.

If you are not sure what this means, you must contact the Author of any listed Application or Plugin for an updated version. If you cannot update to a PHP8 compatible version, the Application or Plugin will have to be disabled or removed.

17 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Yes, IPS added a new parameter to a function. It's a simple change if you know how to do it.

If you need help let me know.

This is the line that I got from my video app

Application	Videos System	Mismatching parameter list 	\IPS\videos\Category::setLastComment()	N/A	/applications/videos/sources/Category/Category.php:552	/system/Node/Model.php:1056

category.php

line 552 to 555

public function setLastComment( \IPS\Content\Comment $comment=NULL )
    {
        $this->setLastVideo();
    }

Edited by media

You need to change the first line with this code:

public function setLastComment( \IPS\Content\Comment $comment=NULL, \IPS\Content\Item $updatedItem=NULL )

Then clear the cache in ACP > Support and re-enable the application.

1 hour ago, media said:

I did updated the code and cleared cache but the application is locked; does not give me to reactivate????
Not sure this sound like same problem that we had before 

Oh, I guess you also need to manually unlock the application in the database. It's the app_requires_manual_intervention field in the core_applications table.

Here's a query you can run directly (if your tables use a prefix, adjust as needed):

UPDATE core_applications SET app_requires_manual_intervention=0 WHERE app_directory='videos';

Clear again the cache after running the query, and the app should be unlocked.

1 hour ago, media said:

Can someone from Invision address this please?
Thanks

IPS won't offer support for 3rd party modifications. At most, they'll redirect you to the application's developer (who is currently MIA) or 3rd party developers in the Providers Directory. (Example link under my photo.)

Anyway, with the query above you should be good to go.

Edited by teraßyte