New Member Group? Want to moderate 2 posts before granting full access

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

I am trying to figure out if new members are put into the Members group, and whether I can change the registration process so that new members go into the 'New Members' group I created. I suspect the 'Members' group is hard-coded for new members to land in when registering, but cannot confirm this through the documentation. Is this the case?

Due to spammers, I am manually approving new members. I want to change this back to automatic, but for new members I want to approve 2 posts before they become unmoderated.

• Solution

To change the default group for new members you can edit your conf_global.php. Details can be found in the following thread:

You can then create a rule to promote users to the full user group once the required post count is reached. 

The other thing you could do is just move all existing members into the new group and rename the existing one to something like Newbies. (Thats what I did so I did not have to edit any files from default values.)

7 minutes ago, Jon Matcho said:

Thanks @Stuart Silvester, but that was known and not a complete solution to my actual question regardless. @Randy Calvert deserves the credit for the solution in this case.

Regardless, thank you both -- I just wanted to know how the built-in Members group was handled, and the thread referenced above clears all that up.

Sure, the method I mentioned can be set to require moderation for the first two comments/content and then they do not require further moderation. 👍🏻