Fixed Tag-Prefix for some sub/forums

WebCMS

While posting a topic into a specific sub/forum which can have one (and only one) fixed/pre-defined tag, it would be ideal to automatically assign the singleton tag as a Tag-Prefix for a better UX

(as opposed to offering the dropdown of all irrelevant/default tags to choose from).

Edited by WebCMS

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don't think so:

Could contain: Page, Text

New topic:

The user has to click in ADD TAGS and then select the tag.

I think the user meant that the tag should already be "selected" when creating a new topic, like this:

Correct.

Most often, users don't care to add tags even when the topic is highly sensitive for workplace safety (Eg: NSFW) and even if it takes only one or two clicks.

I meant to say, it should add the specified Tag and also make it as its Tag-Prefix (optionally) as part of the topic-posting logic without the user having to do these steps manually so it is all automatic with a better UX for a consistent behavior and predictable results. It makes sense when there can be only one tag for the specified forum. In this situation, the tags can be made readonly so user doesn't have to deal with them.

Also, any topics moved into this specific forum should have its tags overwritten by the defined tag / tag-prefix. If the topic is moved out of this specific forum, its tag / tag-prefix should be cleared (or if the target sub/forum has only one tag defined, it should follow the above behavior again).

Tags are useful to connect to other content in Similar Content widget.

Edited by WebCMS