Google Search Console - Video Indexing

Como
Go to solution Solved by Como,

Any ideas as to why more than half of our embedded Youtube videos are not indexed due to "Video outside the viewport"? They appear to be within viewport (at all resolutions).

Cloud. Default template. These are links automatically rendered as embedded video.

Thanks.

• Solution

Ah. I just drilled down a bit into one of the non-indexed videos. Console reports: "Whether the page is a playback page for a single video (Video is main content on the page), or hosts additional meaningful content or videos (Video is supplementary content on the page)."

So, it seems - if I understand correctly - that videos which appear within some threads do not fulfill some mystery Google criteria. What is more perplexing is that the number of indexed videos has actually gone down by about 20%.

Anyway, seems to be nothing to do with IPB or anything which is technically rectifiable.

32 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Some of these items from Google can be very confusing 😄 . Glad you got an answer, even though still is confusing.

What makes little sense is the initial explanation of, "Video outside the viewport", compared to the more detailed explanation of:

Whether the page is a playback page for a single video (Video is main content on the page), or hosts additional meaningful content or videos (Video is supplementary content on the page).

I do not understand how that relates to the viewport. Oh well.

Just now, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, you would want to reach out to Google for any confusion with what they are reporting. We can only assist with issues in our software, not their Webmaster portal.

Oh, of course. I'm just commenting. I do not think it worth contacting Google about it.