Very Slow Site

I've moved recently to self hosting on November 6th and all has been going fine.

All of a sudden my site has become extremely slow over the past couple of days despite the server being very fast. I haven't made any changes to the site or added plugins etc.

All tasks, cron jobs are running and I have also got everything checked with my hosting provider with all looking good on their side.

Any suggestions or ideas as to how the site could become so slow so quick?

@teraßyte Basically navigating from page to page seems to take anywhere between 4-7 seconds and at times can be much longer. Previously it had been quite fluid with any page loading in less than 1-2 seconds.

These are pages which I haven't changed or added to in anyway since the migration. Everything had been working really well but all of a sudden that's changed.

@Randy Calvert Yes I've moved to a new VPS recently. Thanks I will check that out.

I appreciate the help.

Edited by FM Graphics

Remember… even though YOU did not change anything on your site does not mean there are not other things going on. For example if the server has more traffic (say an increase in bots or more traffic from Goggle crawling you) or another service such as mail processing bounces, etc… any of those things could end up in a situation where you don’t have sufficient resources. 

Think of a bunch of people checking out in a grocery store…. Even though normally 2 checkout staff is enough, if more shoppers come in than normal it might get slow. Or if one of those checkout staff is new (unoptimized) they may not be able to handle as many people in the same time. 

There are LOTS of components… and any one of them could become a bottleneck. For example how PHP is compiled can have a big effect on memory usage and could slow down once certain traffic volumes are reached.