Moderation and cross-posting for Blogs and Entries

WebCMS

Blogs/entries have no moderation like Articles.

Blogs/entries don't have an option to cross-post to topics alike Articles.

Blogs can go unnoticed when people post advertising, spam content for SEO which is highly prevalent.

Moderation feature for blogs/entries can control such spam.

Additionally, if there is an option to cross-post any new blog content into topics (like Articles), people could see them in the Topic view and Report if anything is fishy.

It looks like any member can create a blog and start posting entries. I did not see the blog content go through moderation. While creating an article, it says "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator" but none for blogs/entries.

I had another forum before on vB and all I used to get was blogs/articles posted by cleaning companies and such marketed by some SEO companies using some bots.

If there are too many blogs/entries, it would become hard to identify spam from the clutter without moderation. At least there should be an option to auto-moderate for the first 5 entries and moderation gets removed.

Edited by WebCMS

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Only if you allow them to do so - you might want to check their group settings and disable the ability to do that via the Blog tab, if you don't want them to be creating blogs or commenting on entries.

Creating blogs and entries by members is fine. But the entries get published immediately without going through moderation.

Members > Blog settings -

• Can create blogs?
  • Maximum number of blogs
  • Can create private blogs?
  • Can moderate own blog entries?
  • Can delete own blogs?
  • Can comment on blog entries?

Also checked Blogs > Settings and no setting there either.

There is no permission that the blogs or entries need to be approved before publishing them.

Edited by WebCMS

12 hours ago, WebCMS said:

Creating blogs and entries by members is fine. But the entries get published immediately without going through moderation.

Members > Blog settings -

• Can create blogs?
  • Maximum number of blogs
  • Can create private blogs?
  • Can moderate own blog entries?
  • Can delete own blogs?
  • Can comment on blog entries?

Also checked Blogs > Settings and no setting there either.

There is no permission that the blogs or entries need to be approved before publishing them.

Yes, I understand what you mean now. There indeed is no individual permission for that 

Forums are active and vibrant and anything posted in them is noticed by users/mods.

But blogs and articles are seldom visited by anybody including admins/mods and these are the areas targeted by spammers using bots posting irrelevant content for their SEO and these content could go unnoticed. I've experienced this spam a lot on my previous forum using vBulletin.